Direct Link to offer (go incognito)
- Chase is offering a three-prong combo bonus for their Freedom Unlimited card and Total Checking account:
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card: Earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. And earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Chase Total Checking: As a new Chase checking customer, get $225 when you open a new Chase Total Checking account from this page and set up direct deposit within 90 days.
- Get $100 for both Chase Total Checking and Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card. To get an extra $100 bonus, open a Chase Total Checking account from this page and set up direct deposit. AND, open a Chase Freedom Unlimited credit card within the promotional timeframe.
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 10/4/21
- For more details on Chase checking bonuses and avoiding fees, see previous posts on those bonuses
- The $225 bonus and the $100 bonus will be reported on a form 1099-INT
The Freedom Unlimited bonus is the standard online offer (though some can do better by using a referral link which gives your friend a bonus or by going in branch for an extra $50). The checking offer is lower than the top offers we’ve seen, such as this checking/savings $600 combo offer.
The current $525 offer mainly makes sense for someone who is planning on signing up for the Freedom Unlimited card with the standard online bonus and who isn’t interested in doing Chase savings account offers. In that case, this bonus actually gives you a bit better than typically possible.
Hat tip to reader Dave