Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: AL, FL, GA, SC & TN only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: December 31, 2021
Direct link to offer. Synovus trades under a bunch of different names in different locations.
- Receive a sign up bonus of $500 when you open any checking account with Synovus and complete one of the following requirements:
- $25,000 in minimum ending deposit balances OR investment accounts1 OR
- have a total of $5,000 in minimum monthly deposits into a Synovus Free Checking account1,2 within the first 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- This offer is available only to the recipient of the mailer and only one offer is available per address.
- This offer is good for accounts opened between Sept. 17, 2021 and Dec. 31, 2021.
- You must fund a Synovus Free Checking account by Dec. 31, 2021, with a minimum of $100 (not including the incentive). Within 90 days of opening and funding your account, you must meet the Plus program requirements that include maintaining $25,000 in minimum ending deposit balances OR investment accounts OR have a total of $5,000 in minimum monthly deposits into a Synovus Free Checking account. Investments include brokerage/advisory accounts with Synovus Securities, Inc. (SSI).
- Synovus Trust Company, N.A. (STC) accounts are not directly included in relationship balance or monthly deposit calculations. STC customers in a Synovus relationship program will receive program benefits equivalent to customers with at least a $500,000 relationship balance.
- If earned, incentive payout will be posted by one of the following dates: March 31, 2022 or May 31, 2022, depending when the account was opened and the transaction requirements are met, and will be in the form of a credit to the new checking account reflected on your statement as “checking incentive.”
- Checking account must be in good standing at the time of incentive payout.
- You are responsible for any tax due on any amount received which is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Offer is non-transferable, may not be combined with other offers and does not apply if you are already an owner of a consumer checking account (primary or secondary) with Synovus Bank. Employees of Synovus or any Synovus affiliate company are not eligible for this promotion.
- Early account closing fee applies in the amount of $25 if the account is closed within 90 days of opening.
- Direct deposit, cash or check deposit, ACH, and mobile deposits are all eligible transaction types. Reversed deposits due to unavailable funds, cancellations, or stop payments do not count toward your Monthly Deposit.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a free checking account with no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is a $25 fee if account is closed within 90 days
Better than the recent $200 checking bonus but obviously more difficult to get the bonus. That being said it’s still pretty easy to trigger the bonus with $5,000 in deposits. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times