Update 12/7/20: Can apply by phone, follow these directions found in this comment by Johnny.
Update 12/5/20: Bonus is currently $1,000 for December. Hat tip to US Credit Card Guide.
According to the comments it looks like this needs a minimum income of $100,000+
- BBVA is offering a bonus of 50,000 points (worth $500) after $4,000 in spend within the first 90 days on the BBVA Select credit card
- Annual fee of $99 is waived first year
- Card earns:
- 4X points on Entertainment,
- 3X points on Dining,
- 2X points on Travel
- 1X point on all other purchases
Standard offer I think is $100 or $200, we’ve seen as high as $300 in the past. Card isn’t worth keeping long term, but a $500 cash bonus in this climate is very very attractive. BBVA normally always pulls your TransUnion credit report, for most people that’s a good thing as it’s usually the least used bureau for most people. I’ll add this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
- Update: 7/31/20: Some people have received an e-mail offering them an additional 10,000 points when applying for a BBVA card. This can be combined with this $500 bonus for a total of $600. Subject line is ‘10,000 bonus points could be yours’