Update 6/3/22: Swagbucks bonus is now 10,000 ($100), plus another $150 directly from Albert, after you receive $200 direct deposit. MyPoints is at 20,000, worth $126 – $133. (ht Pawan)
Update 11/7/21: Swagbucks bonus now reduced back down to $60 (from $125)
Update 10/22/21: Apparently the direct deposit bonus also requires debit card spend?
Update 10/17/21: Reader T reached out to let us know that Albert also has deals, similar to Cash app. Current deals include 15% cash back from Best Buy (max $5), 15% Old Navy, 15% Walgreens, 10% Home Depot, 10% Target (unlocks with DD), 10% DoorDash (unlocks with DD), 10% Lyft, 10% Starbucks, 15% Etsy, 20% Whole Foods.
Update 10/15/21: Swagbucks is now offering a 12,500 ($125) when you open the Albert account + get an insurance quote from Savvy insurance. (ht reader newguy) Assuming the $75 direct deposit bonus is still around, you can end up with $200 total from Albert + Savvy.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $135
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $200+
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
Direct link to offer
- Swagbucks is offering 6,000 Swagbucks (worth $60) when you open a new Albert account and deposit of more than $20. Once you sign up you’ll also be offered $75 for receiving a direct deposit of $200+.
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
Unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
This is better than the $75 referral bonus. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see these offers increase in the future as Albert has raised over $170 million and typically these neobanks increased their bonuses over time. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Dylan
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times