Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide, must be new member
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Deposit $100 each month
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None with eStatements
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: March 31, 2021
- Alliant Credit Union is offering a bonus of $100 when new Alliant Credit Union Members open an Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account and complete the following requirements:
- Deposit at least $100 a month for 12 consecutive months
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- This promotion is for new Alliant Credit Union members only.
- New Alliant Credit Union members can earn a $100 bonus deposit by joining Alliant through Suze Orman’s The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account promotion and meeting the following requirements.
- Offer valid for one new Alliant Credit Union savings account (“account”) opened from January 10, 2021, through March 31, 2021; funded by transfers and/or deposits totaling $100 or more each month for 12 consecutive months; and opened by applying online from this page or by phone at 800-328-1935 and mentioning “Suze Orman’s The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account promotion.”
- Existing Alliant members, customers who are a joint owner on an Alliant savings account, and former Alliant members who closed an Alliant savings account within 180 days of applying for the new account are not eligible.
- The first $100 must be transferred and/or deposited within 30 days of account opening, and each calendar month after the first $100 transfer/deposit, funds need to post to the account by the last day of the month.
- Account must remain open and in good standing, maintain an average daily minimum balance of $100, and the balance at the end of the 12-calendar-month period must be $1,200 or more in order to receive the $100 bonus deposit.
- Accounts will be reviewed 12 months from the date of the first transfer/deposit to determine eligibility.
- If all requirements have been met after 12 months, please allow 4 weeks for the $100 bonus deposit to post to your account.
- You will be responsible for any tax liability. Offer is not transferable and not valid for trusts, UTMAs, IRAs or other tax-exempt accounts.
- Limit one offer per new Alliant member.
- All account applications are subject to approval.
- You must apply for the account by 11:59 p.m. CT on March 31, 2021, to be eligible.
- Must be 18 or older at time of account opening and a legal U.S. Resident or U.S. Person (including a U.S. Resident Alien) to be eligible.
- Alliant employees are not eligible for this promotion.
- This promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and governed by Illinois law. Promotion is sponsored by Alliant Credit Union, 11545 W. Touhy Ave., Chicago, IL 60666.
This account has no monthly fees as long as you opt for eStatements.
Early Account Termination Fee
Looks like you need a minimum of $100 in the account at any time and then must have $1,200 in the account at the end of the promo period, I’d probably just keep the money in there the whole time if possible as the account earns 0.55% APY anyway (not terrible compared to other high interest savings accounts).
As far as I know Alliant last ran a checking bonus in 2014 and that was targeted. Some readers might already be members from signing up for Alliant credit cards, but if you’re not already a member then this is an easy bonus and well worth doing. Will add this to our best savings bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Ashley R
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times