Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum mentioned
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Account opening page mentions debit & credit card funding, unsure on limits
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: November 30, 2021
- Amerant Bank is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new value checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Receive a qualifying direct deposit within 90 days
- Maintain an average balance of $10,000 on your 2nd and 3rd statement cycle and have your account open for 90 days.
The Fine Print
- Offer not available to existing Amerant Bank customers, prior customers who have had an Amerant Bank personal checking relationship within the preceding 90 days or have been paid a promotional premium in the past 24 months.
- Limited to one checking account per new customer.
- If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the bonus Applicant must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States (U.S.) who is at least 18 years old with a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number.
- To qualify for the bonus: (i) open your new Value Checking Account online at amerantbank.com OR at an Amerant Bank branch location from 09/13/2021 through 11/30/2021; (ii) have your Qualifying Direct Deposit(s) made to the account within 60 days of account opening; and (iii) maintain a minimum average balance in the account of $10,000 for 60 days following the first 30 days of account opening.
- We will deposit the bonus in your new account within 60 days after you have completed the above conditions.
- To receive the bonus, your Value Checking Account must be open and in good standing at the time of payout.
- The bonus will appear as “Cash Bonus” on your monthly statement and will be reported on the applicable IRS form as interest income.
- This promotion may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time, and may vary by market.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $5 monthly fee. This is waived when you do either of the following:
- Enroll in Online Statements or monthly Direct Deposits or complete 4 Debit Card transactions per statement cycle
Early Account Termination Fee
Unable to find the fee schedule so unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
I assume this account can be open nationwide, but don’t know that for sure. Bit annoying to need the $10,000 in there for two months but worth doing for a $300 bonus. We also don’t have any datapoints on what counts for direct deposit. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times