Update 2/25/21: Bonuses of $150 for Platinum, $100 for Gold, and $50 for BCP still apply; they’ve also added now $75 bonus for the Green personal card. Additionally, the signup bonus offers have increased now as well. You can apply at this link. Full details:
- Platinum Card –A Personal Card Annual Credit of $150 in statement credits, plus a welcome offer to earn 85,000 Membership Rewards points after they spend $5,000 in eligible purchases in the first three months of membership.
- Gold Card – A Personal Card Annual Credit of $100 in statement credits, plus a welcome offer to earn 60,000 Membership Rewards points after they spend $4,000 in eligible purchases in the first three months of membership.
- Green Card – A Personal Card Annual Credit of $75 in statement credits, plus a welcome offer to earn 45,000 Membership Rewards points after they spend $2,000 in eligible purchases in the first three months of membership.
- Blue Cash Preferred Card – A Personal Card Annual Credit of $50 in statement credits, plus a welcome offer to earn $350 cash back after they spend $3,000 in eligible purchases in the first three months of membership.
Update 3/4/2020: American Express Green card has been added, it comes with a $75 statement credit. Hat tip to agilehumor
Update 10/04/2018: Another option for people interested in the new gold card. This has the 50,000 Membership Rewards points offer and also comes with an additional annual statement credit.
Hat tip to readers @TheRetailTrader & Anshul S
Update November 19th, 2017: American Express has made significant changes to the Corporate Advantage program. These are:
- Lifetime language has been added. You’re also no longer eligible if you currently hold the card
- Platinum card now available (more details below)
- Annual credits are now perpetual rather than just for the first two years
- Annual credits have been reduced:
- Gold card went from $200 to $100
- Blue Cash Preferred went from $100 to $50
Obviously the lifetime language being added is significant. The annual credits being reduced is also significant, although for those keeping the cards long term (4+ years) you’ll be better off under the new program. Personally I see this as a massive downgrade. I don’t think signing up for the Platinum makes much sense as you can get a 100,000 point offer. You could always sign up under the corporate program at a later date if you wanted the reduced annual fee (after you’d taken advantage of the other variations). Hat tip to reader AnameOfaguy.
Reposting because these offers are back again with new links and new targeted businesses. Hat tip to /r/churning
At the start of this year we reported that American Express was testing a pilot program to offer individuals that worked at large corporations with American Express corporate cards targeted sign up bonuses on their personal cards. A few readers have let us know that their corporations are now participating in this offers.
This program is called the corporate advantage program. Currently they have two credit cards participating and the offers on these cards are as follows:
- $150 statement credit each year
- Sign up bonus of 60,000 points after $5,000 in spend within the first three months
- $550 annual fee
Premier Rewards Gold
- $100 statement credit each year
- Plus, earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- $100 airline fee credit
- $195 annual fee
Blue Cash Preferred
- Earn a $50 statement credit each year
- Plus, earn $300 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- $95 annual fee
There was a F.A.Q given out and it’s as follows:
Q: Can I use these Cards for corporate expenses?
A: These are personal cards only. Your firm’s standard corporate card policy applies
Q: I do not have a corporate Card. Am I eligible?
A: The program is only available to corporate Card holding employees, although it may expand in the future.
Q: Am I eligible for the offer if I already own the Card?
A: Yes, however to take advantage of the offer you will need to re-apply for the card. Having the same (or different) personal Card will not prohibit you from receiving approval for this one. Once approved, you may decide to cancel or retain your existing Card.
This no longer seems to be the case.
Q: Do all employees receive the same offer?
A: Yes, however only employees with a corporate Card will be eligible for the offer. Your corporate Card number will be required at the time of application
Q: I have no credit history – will I be approved?
A: If you have no credit history but meet all other eligibility criteria, you will still be approved for this offer. You will always be required to provide your SSN so that we may check these criteria
Q: Where can I apply?
A: You must apply online using the following links:
- Premier Rewards Gold: https://www.americanexpress.com/corporateadvantageprg
- Blue Cash Preferred: https://www.americanexpress.com/corporateadvantagebcp
Q: How long will it take to receive my card?
A: Within one week from application
Q: Will the program impact my existing corporate card in any way?
A: No, getting a card through this program will not impact your corporate card in any way. Please call the number on the back of corporate card if you have any questions about that card
Q: I was sent a pre-approved application and then I was declined.
A: While those with no credit history can be approved for this offer, American Express does review your credit bureau report and will take into consideration any information received when making a final decision. Approval for the program is therefore not guaranteed. Please see application program terms for more information.
Membership Rewards and Statement Credit
Q: If I earn Membership Rewards points on my corporate Card, will I be able to pool those points with those that I earn on the Premier Rewards Gold?
A: Yes. Please call the number on the back of corporate Card if you have any questions about that Card.
Q: When will employees see the statement credit?
A: The first statement credit will be applied within 8 weeks of your account opening and the second within 8 weeks following the first anniversary date of the Card account. To earn the statement credit in each of our first and second years of Card Membership, your account must be active and in good standing.
Q: Will this program impact existing corporate card Membership Rewards programs?
A: No, this program does not impact the corporate Card Membership Rewards program. If employees are eligible for Membership Rewards points on their corporate Card today, the employees (or the employer) must still pay the required fee for employees to earn points on their corporate Card.
Q: What happens to my Card if I leave the company?
A: You will still be able to retain and use the Card normally; however, you will not be eligible for the promotional annual credit once your Corporate Card is no longer active.
Q: Who should I contact if I have further questions?
A: Please call the number on the back of your Card if you have any other questions.
Obviously this program is only in the pilot stages at the moment, but it’s always nice to have additional ways to get the sign up bonus if you’ve held the American Express card before due to their strict once per lifetime rule. As always, before applying I’d recommend you read through these list of things everybody should know about American Express.
If you work at a corporation and have access to a corporate American Express card, let us know if your corporation is/isn’t participating in this pilot program.
Hat tip to readers Andrew & J