American Express is offering a sign up bonus on the Gold card as follows:
- Get 75,000 points signup bonus when spending $4,000 within 6 months.
- Get 20% back as a statement credit when you make a purchase at restaurants worldwide within the first 12 months of Card Membership, up to $250 back.
This offer is showing on the Resy website (restaurant reservation app), but the 20% credit is showing for any restaurant spend, unrelated to using Resy.
- Annual fee of $250 NOT waived first year
- Card will earn at the following rates:
- 4x points at Restaurants
- 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 in spend per calendar year)
- 3x points for flights booked directly with airlines
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $120 dining credit. This is a $10 monthly credit that can be used at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Shake Shack
- No foreign transaction fees
- $10 in monthly UberEats credit
- Full American Express Gold card review can be found here.
Last year we saw 60k + $250 which was the best-ever offer, and now they’ve upped it to 75k+ $250, best ever. An argument could be made for those in 2-player mode to use the public offer of 60,000 points via referral link for the 4x referral offer, depending on how you value that 4x earning rate.
If you’re thinking of applying, make sure you read these things everybody should know about American Express cards first. We’ll add this to our list of Best Credit Card Offers. The 125k + 15x small business offer from Resy on the American Express Platinum card is still showing as well.