American Express has revamped their Lowe’s Business credit card. The new card has $100 signup bonus with no requirements, earns 5% back at Lowe’s for 6 months, and has no annual fee. (previous version of this card details here)
- Get $100 bonus upon approval. No requirements.
- 5X points in the first 6 months on eligible purchases made on your Card at Lowe’s.
- 5% off every day from Lowe’s on eligible Lowe’s purchases
- Effective 8/31/21: earn 2X points at U.S. restaurants, office supply stores in the U.S. and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 2X points per dollar on Lowe’s purchases
- 1X points on other purchases.
- No annual fee
This could be interesting to some due to the easy $100 signup bonus (old version of this card had no signup bonus). Might also be interesting for heavy Lowe’s users for the 5% back at Lowe’s; my understanding is that the first 6 months you’ll earn 5% on everything, and afterward it’s either 5% or 2% depending on the item (though I’m a bit confused to be honest).
The old version of this card had no signup bonus. The dining/cell/office category is going down from 3% with the old card to 2% with the new card. Everything else seems mostly the same, from what I’m seeing.
Hat tip to reader JB