- American Express Marriott cardholders are being offered a spending bonus. If you spend $7,500, you get 7,500 bonus points. This card be done ten times for a total of 75,000 bonus points.
The Fine Print
- Offer to enroll is available to existing Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Members who are Basic Card Members prior to December 29, 2020.
- Limit of 1 enrolled Card per Card Member.
- You are eligible to enroll starting from February 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Offer ends December 31, 2021.
- Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member only.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Starting from the time you enroll through December 31, 2021 (“Purchase Period”), you will earn 7,500 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points each time you spend $7,500 in combined eligible purchases (“Purchase Threshold”) on your Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card during the Purchase Period, up to a maximum of 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points.
Basically an extra 1x point per $1 spent if you spend exactly $7,500. Not as good as the Hilton offer which is an extra 2x points. This will also stack with any category bonuses on individual cards which could make it a good deal for some people. Personally don’t think it makes sense to risk a clawback with American Express if doing manufactured spend but everybody has a different risk tolerance.