Update 4/15/22: This offer is back through 7/15/22
Check your AmEx Offers for one of the following offers for Gas Stations:
- Get a $3 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $35 in one or more transactions at a U.S. gas station by 12/31/2021. Limit of 5 statement credits (total of $15). See terms for exclusions.
- Get 3% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make purchases at a U.S. gas station by 12/31/2021. Limit of $15 in total statement credits. See terms for exclusions.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid only for eligible purchases at gas station locations in the U.S.
- An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card at a U.S. gas station location by 12/31/2021.
- Offer excludes online purchases and marina fuel or any type of commercial fuel (e.g.- jet fuel) purchases.
- “Gas station” means a merchant that is primarily in the business of selling gasoline to consumers.
- A gas station may sell other convenience items, but its primary business must be selling gasoline to consumers.
- The following are NOT considered gas stations: superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline.
- Not valid for corporate card transactions.
These offers are being found across various cards by many people. The $3 offer is about 9% back and it even combines multiple transactions to meet the $35 threshold, so I’d consider that better than the 3% offer. Should stack nicely with the $5/$25 Exxon deal (just remember that that deal is only for premium gas).
Also worth pointing out: the terms are clear that this offer is not limited to pump purchases, and will include convenience stores that code as Gas Stations. I believe Visa is more generous than AmEx with considering even stand-alone convenience stores to be gas stations, but there might be some that AmEx considers Gas Stations, especially convenience stores which also operate a Gas Station.
View more Amex offers here & if you have any questions about American Express offers then read this post.
- AmEx Offers: An Introduction & Profitable Examples
- How To Sign Up For Multiple American Express Sync Offers
- Amex Offer Credit Not Posting, What to Do?
- How Does American Express Decide Who Receives What AmEx Sync Offer?
- Do I Need To Make A Single Purchase For AmEx Offers, Or Is It Cumulative?
- What Happens When You Have Two Active AmEx Offers For The Same Store?
- Amex Offers: Do Electronic Wallets Trigger the Offer Credit?
- Do Amex Offer Deals Work on the Purchase of Gift Cards?