- Amtrak is celebrating its 50th birthday by offering 50% off fares.
The Fine Print
- This offer is valid for 50% off full adult rail fare. Maximum sale fare not to exceed $50.00 per segment.
- Valid for sale: April 28–May 5, 2021.
- Valid for travel: June 2–November 13, 2021.
- This offer is valid for travel on all Amtrak service nationwide and state supported trains, except New Haven-Springfield Shuttle, Pacific Surfliner, Philadelphia through Pittsburg portion of the Pennsylvanian Keystone and 7000-8999 Thruways.
- Fares are subject to availability. The discounted one-way fares are valid for adult fares.
- No additional discounts apply.
- This offer is valid for Coach seats only. No sleeping car, First class or non-Acela Business class upgrades permitted.
- Tickets are nonrefundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period. A 25% cancellation fee applies.
- This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Space is limited, not available on all trains at all times.
Amtrak sales always confuse me, so I have no idea how good this deal actually is. I’m sure the Amtrak regular travelers will let me know in the comments below shortly.