Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $125
- Availability: Must reside in Arkansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, mixed data points on being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,000 with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 30, 2022
- Unify Financial Credit Union is offering a referral bonus of up to $125 when you open a new qualifying Checking Account (excluding Right Start Checking) and debit card
The Fine Print
- Offer expires December 30, 2022 and is subject to change without notice.
- Existing members receive $125 for each new member they refer who opens a qualifying Checking Account (excluding Right Start Checking) and Debit Card.
- Maximum bonus is $600 per member per calendar year.
- Referred member cannot currently be a primary or joint owner on any existing or previously closed UNIFY account.
- $125 bonus is credited to the Primary Savings Account after the first statement cycle of referred member account opening.
- Members responsible for applicable taxes and must be in good standing to receive bonus.
- Names and emails of referrals not retained by UNIFY following the initial email invitation to join.
- Membership eligibility and qualification includes establishing a membership share savings of at least $5.
- Minimum deposit of $25 required to open FREE Checking and eChecking, $2,000 required to open Premier Checking. UNIFY employees, volunteers, and family members not eligible. Not valid with any other offers.
- To be eligible for the Referral Bonus, you must reside in Arkansas, Missouri, or Oklahoma.
- UNIFY employees, volunteers, and family members not eligible. Not valid with any other offers and subject to change at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a free checking account with no monthly fees to worry about.
$1 Paper Statements
After your second month you’ll be charged $1 for paper statements, so opt in for paperless statements when signing up.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Feel free to share your referrals in the comments below. Looks like a great bonus as no direct deposit is required.
Hat tip to snailrock
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times