Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must reside in Benton County, AR or Washington County, AR
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: 50 debit card transactions of $5 or more for full bonus
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, mixed data points on being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $2,000 with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 31, 2022
- Unify Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $250 when you open a new checking account, bonus broken down as follows:
- $100 when you open a qualifying Unify checking account with a Visa Debit card
- $50 when you set up a recurring direct deposit of at least $500 each month
- $50 after the first statement cycle
- $1 for each purchase that exceeds $5+ within 60 days of account opening (up to $50)
The Fine Print
- Offer expires December 31, 2022 and is subject to change without notice.
- New members who open a qualifying UNIFY checking account with a Visa Debit Card will receive a $100 bonus into the checking account following the first statement cycle.
- An additional $50 bonus will be credited to the checking account following the first statement cycle. Earn an additional bonus of $50 by establishing a recurring ACH Direct Deposit of at least $500 aggregate each month.
- New Direct Deposit must be posted within 60 days of account opening and bonus will be paid in the statement cycle following the 60th day.
- Receive an additional bonus up to $50 by earning $1 for each purchase made with your new UNIFY Visa Debit Card that exceeds $5 within the first 60 days of account opening.
- Bonus will be credited to the checking account in the statement cycle following the 60th day. All bonuses are limited to one per member and account.
- Members with multiple accounts or accounts with multiple owners will not receive multiple bonuses. Account must be in good standing to receive any bonus and member responsible for all applicable taxes. Membership eligibility and account qualification requirements apply, which include opening a membership share savings of at least $5.
- Minimum deposit of $25 required to open Free Checking and eChecking.
- Members cannot have had a UNIFY Checking Account within the last three (3) years.
- To be eligible for the bonus offers, you must reside in Benton County, AR or Washington County, AR. UNIFY employees, volunteers, and family members not eligible. Not valid with any other offers and subject to change at any time.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about
$1 Paper Statements
After your second month you’ll be charged $1 for paper statements, so opt in for paperless statements when signing up.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
Better than the $150 referral offer, but only available in very small regional area unfortunately.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times