Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Branches are in Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Illinois, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas [All branch locations here]. Assume it’s a similar area restriction for this referral bonus
- Direct deposit required: Yes, at least $250+
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- UMB Bank is letting some members refer new members and earn $200 for each member they refer that meets the requiremnets. The person being referred also receives a bonus of $150 when they open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Open a UMB Select Checking, UMB Value Checking, or UMB Convenience Checking account through the Referral Center
- Enroll in UMB Online Banking, set up bill-pay, and make three (3) or more online bill payments; AND
- Receive one (1) direct deposit of at least $250 into the account; AND
- Complete six (6) or more UMB Visa® debit card transactions (excludes ATM withdrawals).
The Fine Print
- I would recommend reading the full fine print here
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Select checking has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find any mention of an early account termination fee in the fee schedule
The fine print regarding actually referring somebody is a bit confusing in my opinion. Still a bonus worth doing if you live in the area, especially if you’re able to refer a significant other as then it’s basically a $350 bonus. I will be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
The post [AZ, CO, IL, MO, IL, NE, OK, KS, TX] UMB Bank $150 Checking Bonus (+ $200 For Person Referring You) appeared first on Doctor Of Credit.