Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Illinois, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas
- Direct deposit required: Yes, at least $2,000+
- dditional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: $8, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $30, 90 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: September 30, 2021
- UMB Bank is offering a $300 checking bonus when you open a new value checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Fund the account with the minimum opening deposit of $100; and
- Have qualifying direct deposits totaling $2,000 or more post to the account within 60 days of account funding; and
- Account must remain open for at least 120 days after account funding.
The Fine Print
- Checking account eligibility: All account applications are subject to approval. Valid only for new UMB Value Checking accounts. Please read account description carefully.
- To be eligible for this special offer, you must apply for the new UMB Value Checking account via the “Apply Now” button on this page or in-person at a UMB branch, and complete the special offer requirements.
- You must present the flyer or mention this special offer when opening a new UMB Value Checking account at a UMB branch.
- Customers who have previously applied for a personal checking account special offer are not eligible for this promotion.
- Funds used to establish the account (the “opening deposit”) must not currently be on deposit at UMB and you cannot currently be an owner or co-owner of a UMB personal checking account.
- Accounts not funded by the last day of the first full month following account opening will be closed.
- You must reside in one of the following states to apply for the special offer: Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas.
- UMB associates are not eligible for this special offer. Special offer available one time per individual; for accounts with multiple owners, earned special offer will only be paid once.
- Earned special offer will be paid to the eligible UMB Value Checking account within 15 days of meeting all applicable special offer requirements.
- Eligibility will be verified prior to paying out the $300.00 special offer.
- Earned special offer will be reported to the IRS as interest income. Fees and charges may reduce earnings on your account. Contact a UMB associate for more information. Special offer expires September 30, 2021.
- For purposes of this special offer, qualifying direct deposits include recurring ACH deposits of income from third parties, including income from employment, retirement, and government benefits.
- It does not include other types of deposits, such as those made at a UMB branch, ATM, or using UMB Online or Mobile Banking.
- To set up direct deposit, your employer or other income source will provide the necessary paperwork. You will need your Social Security number, UMB Value Checking account number, and UMB’s routing number – 101000695.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $8 monthly fee. This is waived if you do any of the following:
- $1,500 average collected balance in this account
- $3,000 in combined deposit balances
- A single direct deposit of $250 or more
- Student, under the age of 25
Early Account Termination Fee
There is a $30 fee if closed within 90 days
Better than the previous $300 bonus as it’s easier to keep fee free, although the direct deposit requirement is higher. This is worth doing if you live in an eligible area and will be added to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to mothman69
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times