Update 2/13/21: Deal is back and valid through December 31, 2021.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: AZ only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $250+ per month
- Additional requirements: Enroll in eStatements and perform at least 10 check card transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Hard pull (Equifax)
- Credit card funding: Unsure
- Monthly fees: $5-$15, waive able
- Early account termination fee: Bonus clawed back if closed within six months
- Expiration date:
December 31st, 2014 December 31st, 2016 December 31st, 2018December 31st, 2019
- Receive a $200 bonus from Arizona central credit union when you:
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $250/month
- Sign up and enroll in eStatements
- Perform at least ten signature based check card transactions
The Fine Print
- $200 bonus will be deposited within ten days of completing the bonus requirements
- Bonus requirements must be completed within 60 days of account opening
- Only available to new members with no existing accounts at ACCU
- Considered a new member as long as your account was cancelled twelve months prior to opening this new account
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
It’s necessary to maintain a balance of at least $25 at all times.
AzStyle Checking Account $5 Monthly
The $5 monthly fee is waived if you have 10 or more signature based transactions using your check card.
MyStyle Checking Account $10 Monthly
The monthly fee is waived if you are enrolled in eStatements and receive a direct deposit of $250 or more
There are also the HighStyle checking account that has a $15 monthly fee which is waived if you have a balance above $5,000 and teen checking or iStyle account for those between 13-23 which is free.
Early Account Closure Fee
If the account is closed within 6 months then you will forfeit the $200 bonus.
I don’t live in Arizona, but even if I did I wouldn’t be completing this deal. A hard pull with Equifax makes this a dead-killer, you’d be better off signing up for a credit card with a cash bonus. Aside from that the number of signature debit card transactions is also prohibitive (10 for the bonus and another 10 per month for six months to keep it fee free) and we aren’t sure if anything other than a real employer payroll or government benefit will trigger this bonus.
If you do decide to go for this bonus, I’d recommend reading our listing of better deals first. We’ve added this to the list of state specific checking bonuses. Also let us know if you were able to fund with a credit card and how much you were able to and what counted as a direct deposit.
- Update 1/18/2020: Deal is back and available through December 31st, 2020.
- Update 01/17/18: Deal is back and available through December 31st, 2019. Still not worth doing due to the hard pull.
- Update 01/17/18: Deal is back and available through December 31st, 2018. Still not worth doing due to the hard pull.
- Update: Deal is back and now expires December 31st, 2016. Still not worth doing due to the hard pull.