Update 9/4/21: Deal is back and valid until12/31/2021. Also there’s a link in Tulsa OK this time. Hat tip to TJ
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Available to Arizona residents only
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $6, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 90 days, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2019
- MidFirst Bank is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete two of the three following requirements:
- Set up a $250 minimum direct deposit
- Complete 10 debit card purchases
- Complete three Zelle® transactions on the MidFirst Bank Mobile Banking App
The Fine Print
- To receive the $300 checking offer two of the three requirements below must be completed within 90 days of new account opening:
- 1) Have direct deposit of $250 or more made to the new account. The direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of the account owner’s paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security).
- 2) Complete 10 debit card purchases. Multiple swipes for the same purchase amount at the same merchant do not qualify, and ATM transactions are not eligible.
- 3) Complete 3 Zelle transactions on the MidFirst Bank Mobile Banking App. Zelle transactions conducted in another banking application are not eligible.
- Promotional offer available in Arizona only, and is not available to those whose accounts have been closed within one year or closed with a negative balance.
- Existing MidFirst Bank checking customers are not eligible for the checking offer.
- Must be age 17 or older.
- Promotional offer valid for accounts opened 9/1/2019 through 12/31/2019.
- Promotional offer subject to change without notice and is not valid with any other promotional offers.
- Account must be open and in good standing to receive an account credit.
- The applicable credit will be made to the eligible customer’s checking account within 30 calendar days following completion of all requirements.
- Account credits are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or applicable tax form).
- One new promotional account per household.
- Offer must be mentioned at account opening to qualify and all accounts are subject to approval.
- Go! Checking, Sun Devil Checking, and Sun Devil Solution Checking accounts are not valid for this offer.
- Account Closing: Accounts closed within 90 days of opening may forfeit the amount equal to the promotional account credit received.
- Sweepstakes: Terms and conditions apply.
- Click here today for official rules and alternate entry methods.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The M checking account required for this bonus has a $6 monthly fee, this is waived with a $250 or more monthly recurring direct deposit or $1,000 minimum average daily balance
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for 90 days to avoid any early account termination fee.
Previous bonuses have been for $200 but this required opening an account in branch. This is a better deal as the account can be opened online and it’s for an extra $100. There is usually a smaller offer for those in OK as well, but I can’t seem to find that currently. In terms of this offer itself, this is a fantastic deal and well worth doing – especially as no direct deposit is required. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Sam L
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times