Update 3/26/22: Deal is back, but reduced from $500 to $300.
Update 6/29/20: Extended until August 31, 2020.
Update 3/6/20: Deal is back and valid until 6/30/20
Update 12/5/19: Bonus is back and $500 again. Being sponsored won’t work anymore as terms now state Offer available only to new OneAZ Credit Union members who are permanent residents residing in Arizona. Also this term is new: “Qualifying monthly direct deposits must continue in account for a minimum of 6 months.
Update 11/28/19: Bonus reduced to $300 again
Update 11/25/19: Now confirmed to be a soft pull. In addition there is a link for a $500 bonus instead of $300. Hat tip to Arizonapv
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: Must be a resident or work in Arizona (or attend school, worship or volunteer)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000+, must be continued for six months
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull:Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: $7, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Bonus forfeit, six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: December 30th, 2019
- OneAZ Credit Union is offering a bonus of $300 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Have monthly direct deposit totaling $1,000 or more made to this account within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- To receive the $300 bonus, you must 1) Open a NEW checking account AND 2) Have monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more made to this account within 60 days of account opening.
- Important Information: Your direct deposit must be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, investment account, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or government agency.
- After all the above requirements have been met, we will deposit the $300 bonus in your new checking account within 14 business days.
- Bonuses are considered dividends and will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- Offer is not available to existing OneAZ Credit Union members.
- This offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other promotions.
Arizona checking account is the easiest to keep fee free (outside of the student account). The $7 monthly fee is waived if you do any of the following:
- One or more direct deposit transaction(s) each month OR
- ten or more debit card purchases a month OR
- minimum $2,000 aggregate average daily balance in checking, savings and/or money market deposits OR
- minimum $10,000 aggregate month-end loan balances
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be kept open for six months otherwise you will forfeit the bonus
This has now been confirmed to be a soft pull (even says so in the disclosures during sign up), I’d still opt out of overdraft protection but overall this bonus is well worth doing and we will add it to our list of the best checking bonuses.
Hat tip to reader LeSpare1
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times