Update 6/14/21: Deal is available again.
Direct link to offer (scroll down to Welcome Bonus under terms & conditions to see the bonus mentioned)
- Barclays is offering an increased bonus on the Lufthansa Miles & More credit card of up to 75,000 miles. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 within the first 90 days
- An additional 25,000 miles after spending $20,000 in purchases within the first year
- Annual fee of $89 (waived for Senator and HON Circle Members, as long as they maintain their Senator or HON Circle Member status)
- Free annual companion ticket after annual fee is paid and on card anniversary
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2 miles per $1 spent on all miles & more integrate partners
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free FICO score
- No foreign transaction fees
- Two Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually (note despite the name Business is their lowest class of lounge, senator is higher and 1st is their highest class of lounge)
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months
Normal bonus is 50,000 miles, but we’ve seen a bonus of 60,000 miles before. I personally think the 60,000 mile bonus was better because it required $5,000 in total spend in instead of $20,000. This deal is basically spend $15,000 more for 15,000 miles more or an extra 1 mile per $1 spent, not really that competitive unless you really value Lufthansa miles highly. Because of that I won’t be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses. If you’re going to apply for this card then I’d also recommend reading our post on things you should know about Barclays before applying.
Hat tip to readers Abey, Julian B