Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: AL, DC, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, OH, , SC, TN, TX, VA, WV
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $500+
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull It seems like they are very persistent about overdraft protection so make sure you don’t opt in for that
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $250 (says debit card only, but credit cards will work)
- Monthly fees: $12, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
December 31, 20206/30/21
- BB&T is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new Bright Banking checking account and complete two qualifying direct deposits of $500+ within 75 days of account opening. Must also use promo code BCPFZ (should be auto filled)
The Fine Print
- Valid until December 31, 2020, for new BB&T Bright Banking® accounts.
- Must open online at BBT.com or in the U by BB&T app.
- Payout limited to one per household.
- Not available if household closed a BB&T personal checking account in the last 12 months or has an active account. Primary account holder must be 18+ years old at the time of account opening.
- Applications subject to credit history review and approval. Truist employees not eligible.
- Not available in NJ/PA. Minimum opening balance of $50 is required.
- Account eligibility review occurs once, 76–90 days after account opening.
- Any account not in good standing, closed or with a balance less than or equal to zero at the time we review account eligibility will not receive the $200 incentive.
- The $200 bonus will be deposited into your new Bright Banking account within four weeks of the account eligibility review.
- Offer can’t be combined with others, may be discontinued at any time, and is subject to change.
- BB&T will report the value of any incentive received by any offer to the IRS as required by law.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $12 monthly fee, this is waived if you do either of the following:
- Receive a direct deposit of $500 or more
- Have an average daily balance of $1,500 or more
Early Account Termination Fee
They used to charge a $25 fee if closed within 180 days of account opening, but looks like that isn’t charged anymore. Accounts must be open at the time of bonus posting
Doesn’t seem to be targeted like previous bigger bonuses for $400/$600 and also is for the easier account to keep fee free. The downside is that obviously this is significantly smaller than those bonuses. As we normally recommend doing the $200 bonus anyway we will still add this to our best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader edman & Charles B
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times