Update 5/22/22: BlockFi is now offering BlockFi Rewards on this card with up to 10% back in Bitcoin at select retailers (this is in addition to the 1.5% you normally earn). Hat tip to DDG
Update 5/25/21: Annual fee and sign up bonus has been removed. Some other changes as well:
- No annual fee. No foreign transaction fees.
- 3.5% back in Bitcoin on all purchases in your first 3 months up to $100.
- 2% back in Bitcoin on every dollar over $50,000 annual spend.
Update 2/25/21: BlockFi has added some additional card benefits:
- 3.5% bitcoin rewards on all purchases in months 4-6 of card ownership, up to $100 in bitcoin
- 2% extra APY on your average daily stablecoin balance, paid in bitcoin, up to $200
- 0.25% back in bitcoin for eligible trades on BlockFi, up to a maximum of $500 in bitcoin each month
- $30 in bitcoin for every client referral, on top of the base Refer-a-Friend program
Hat tip to reader Vasily K & @bouje
BlockFi has announced it will be launching a bitcoin (BTC) earning credit card in 2021 (waitlist currently available). Here’s what you need to know about this card:
- $250 in BTC sign up bonus when you spend $3,000 or more within the first three months
- Annual fee of $200 not waived first year
- 1.5% in BTC back on all purchases
Honestly this card is useless, the sign up bonus is basically $50 once you pay the annual fee and there are really no benefits to having the card that justify that annual fee. Might as well get a card with a big sign up bonus or high earning rate and then just convert it into BTC yourself.