Update 10/22/21: Deal is back for 2021, this time a $1,000,000 cap (has been $2,000,000 cap in the past).
Direct link to offer
- Citi will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry when you spend $5 or more dining out with a registered Citi card.
The Fine Print
- This offer is only available on Citi branded credit cards.
- If you have any questions about your account, please call Customer Service at the number on the back of your card.
- To learn more about No Kid Hungry and the impact of its work, visit nokidhungry.org/onedollar.
- Citi does not determine how merchants or establishments are classified. Sometimes a merchant will sell a particular item that appears to fit within the dining category, but the merchant may not have a merchant code that fits within that category. Therefore, purchases with that merchant will not qualify for the promotion.
Update: Prestige offers 5x points on dining making this even better
Citi cards don’t offer the best category bonuses for dining out (apart from the Citi Prestige offering 5x). Although the ThankYou Premier is 2x (Costco is 3% but co-branded cards don’t count I don’t think. Update: Readers are commenting that this does work). I still think this is worth doing if you’re dining out bill is low enough. I like to try and give positive press to companies when they do stuff like this as I think it genuinely makes the world a better place, even if they are only doing it for positive PR purposes.
Hat tip to -T-Rekt
Chase Offers has a number of ‘flash deals’ that only last for a few days. Get 20% cash back at:
- Bed Bath & Beyond, up to $14 back
- Exxon, up to $10 back
- Walgreen’s, up to $8 back
- McDonald’s, up to $4 back
This is a new type of deal that only lasts a few days. The Walgreen’s could be interesting for buying gift cards, and the Exxon makes it a good time for a fillup. Thanks to all those who sent this in.
Direct link to offer
- American Express is offering a bonus of up to 120,000 Membership Rewards points. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Get 90,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 within 3 months of signup on the Business Gold card
- Get 30,000 Membership Rewards points after you draw at least once from the Kabbage FundingTM line of credit within the first 3 months of Business Gold Card Membership
- $295 annual fee, not waived first year
- Card earns 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
We’ve seen a few variations of this deal before, but the Kabbage bit is new (American Express also offers a $300 Kabbage checking bonus). This offer doesn’t have the lifetime language either, so you should be able to get this bonus even if you’ve held the Business Gold card before.
Paceline (fitness rewards platform) has launched the Paceline credit card issued by Evolve Bank & Trust. The card comes with the following benefits/features:
- $120 annual membership fee
- Sign up bonus of up to $429 in credits for Apple Watch Series 7.
- To qualify, cardholders must hit their weekly activity streak of 150 minutes of physical activity, make their minimum payment each statement cycle, and spend $500 each statement cycle for 24 months.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3% cash back on eligible Health & Wellness purchases
The Apple Watch credit sounds great at first glance but it’s split up over 24 months meaning:
- You’d need to pay $240 in annual fees
- You need to spend $500 per month ($12,000 total)
- You need to hit weekly exercise requirements
Other than the sign up bonus the card isn’t really interesting.
Direct link to offer
- Coinbase Earn is offering $3 in AUCTION for watching short videos on the cryptocurrency Bounce [$1 x 3 videos]. Answers are as follows:
- What is Bounce? A decentralized auction protocol
- How can you use Bounce? Create or participate in auctions
- Where can you use the Bounce app? app.bounce.finance
These deals are super easy and only take a minute or two to complete. I just do them and hope it’s worth a lot of money in the future. You can find more Coinbase deals by clicking here.
Update 10/21/21: Email has been sent out stating that:
- On or after January 1, 2022, both ETRADE Bank and E*TRADE Savings Bank will merge into Morgan Stanley Private Bank
Could make sense to sign up for eTrade in the hopes of making you eligible for the Morgan Stanley Plat card.
Update 10/2/20: Deal has now been confirmed, hopefully this opens up the the Morgan Stanley Platinum card.
Morgan Stanley will buy E-Trade brokerage in a $13B deal. The acquisition is expected to close 4th quarter. The move is the latest in consolidation of brokerage firms, after Schwab announced a few months back they’ll be buying TD Ameritrade.
For brokerage bonus hunters, this might mean one less bonus to take advantage of as Morgan Stanley has not offered brokerage bonuses that we’re aware of. It’s quite possible, however, that those bonuses on the E-Trade arm will remain the same, and as of now they are still available.
Hat tip CNBC
No direct link to offer, sent out via e-mail. Subject line is ‘Get a $10 credit for adding your card and making a purchase’
- Wells Fargo is offering a $10 credit when you add your card to a digital wallet and make a purchase by November 18, 2021
Basically a free $10 if targeted.
Hat tip to reader Casey K
- Swagbucks is offering 10,000 Swagbucks (worth $100) when you play Evony: The King’s Return and upgrade a general’s star to level 5
Offer credits when reaching level 4 despite it saying needing level 5. There is a guide on reddit for this. If you don’t see the offer wait until 10PM PDT/1AM EDT when the offer resets. Should be able to do this offer relatively easily if you’re happy to spend $20 and waste an hour or two. Personally I just pass on these deals, but others like doing them.
Hat tip to r/swagbucks
Direct link to offer (our affiliate link)
- Groupon is selling a Sam’s Club membership for $30. It also includes:
- Free Member’s Mark Pie
- $40 eGift Card after using Scan & Go for the first time
- Must spend $40+ pre-tax
- Must use Scan & Go within first 60 days of membership
Probably not as good as the Uber deal as it can’t be stacked with other offers as it’s through Groupon.
Hat tip to DDG
No direct link to offer, sent out via e-mail.
- Fidelity/U.S. Bank cardholders are being offered 1,000 points or $10 when they pay on insurance bill by November 30, 2021
No minimum on the insurance bill so I assume any amount will work. Should be a fairly easy $10 for most people if targeted.
Direct link to offer
- Taco Bell is offering a free Nacho Cheese Doritos® Locos Tacos when a base is stolen in the World Series
We will repost this when a base is stolen and we know when the free taco will be offered. Obviously not a huge freebie, but a nice little deal.