Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ within 90 days
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes. They are also sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $3,000+
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None
- US Citizen: Yes, must be a permanent citizen to open online
- Expiration date: December 10, 2021
- Blue Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code BLUEFRIDAY
- Receive a direct deposit within 90 days of account opening (must be $500+ in aggregate)
The Fine Print
- $200 New Membership benefit for members who have not held a Blue membership within the previous 90 days.
- $500 aggregate direct deposit must be credited within 90 days of account opening for benefit eligibility.
- Member responsible for tax liability.
- Offer ends 12/10/2021.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Basic checking account has no monthly fees.
They have a high interest accounts that qualify for this bonus as well:
Early Account Termination Fee
Unsure if there are any early account termination fees.
Main issue with Blue Federal is that they are exceptionally ChexSystems sensitive so getting approved can be difficult for those that chase bank account bonuses. The rule seems to be that if you’ve had more than three new accounts in the last 6 months you’ll be denied. They do have two interesting high yield accounts as well:
- Blue Federal Credit Union 3.5% APY Account (Up To $15,000)
- Blue Federal Credit Union 4.99% APY Account (Up To $1,000, Easier Requirements)
The bonus itself looks great if you’re eligible due to the ChexSystems ‘requirements’. Will add this to the best checking bonuses. Previous best bonus we saw was for $100.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times