Update 9/14/21: Available again.
- Signup for a new Costco membership (costs $60 or $120) with promo code GRPMKT21 and opt in for auto-renewal on a Visa card, and you’ll get:
- $40 Costco Cash Card
- Coupon for $40 off $250+ online order at Costco.com
The Fine Print
- Must opt in for auto-renewal
- Offer expires on Oct. 3, 2021
- Note: You will see a $0.01 deduction on your membership cost after the promo code is entered. This indicates that your promo code has been accepted and you will receive the promotion incentive.
- Promotional Costco Shop Card incentive will be mailed 4 to 6 weeks after sign-up; it will be mailed to the address provided by the member. $40 off any order of $250+ on Costco.com will be emailed 1-2 weeks after sign-up, to the email address on file.
- Limit one promotion per household
- Valid for new memberships only. To qualify as a new member, an existing Costco membership must be expired at least 18 months or more.
- Not valid for renewal of an existing Costco membership or an upgrade of an existing membership to an Executive Membership
The $40 back will bring down the membership cost from $60 to $20. If you value the online coupon, it can bring down the cost to less than zero. A number of stacks:
- Dosh is offering $20 back for online Costco membership purchases – you can click through from Dosh, then navigate to the promo page, pay with a Dosh-connected card. (Note: it’s possible that since the price is $59.99 and not $60, as noted in the fine print, it won’t trigger the Dosh cashback.)
You can also go through Rakuten for an extra $10 back.Update: apparently this does not stack with promo code.
- There’s a Chase Offer for $10 back on $60 membership purchase, reported by readers. It likely won’t work given the charge will just be $59.99, but it should work for an Executive membership charge of $119.99.
- It’s possible this will stack with the Wyndham promotion for $60 back on Costco membership, if you were targeted for that.
Hopefully the Dosh will track and make this a real moneymaker.