Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Long beach location
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: None Listed
- Expiration date: None Listed
- Southland Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a checking account at their Long Beach location and complete the following requirements:
- Establish direct deposit into your Long Beach Checking Account with an amount of $200 or more, OR,
- Utilize our Bill Pay service to pay at least one recurring bill using your Long Beach Checking account.
The Fine Print
- $200 reward will be deposited to the Long Beach Checking account on the next available business day upon receipt of first direct deposit or first bill payment made.
- Qualifications must be met within the first 90 days of account opening to qualify for rewards.
- Qualifications include direct deposit of at least $200 or recurring use of ePay/Bill Pay, and the Long Beach Checking Account must maintain a positive balance.
- If these qualifications are not met within the first 90 days of account opening, rewards will not be paid.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Monthly Fee $5
There is a $5 monthly fee, this is waived with Direct Deposit or Use of Bill Pay every month.
Membership Fee $15
This is waived if you open the account with an initial deposit of $25 or more. You also need to work for one of the participating employers or live, work, worship or attend school in the following areas: Orange County, Artesia, Bellflower, Brentwood, Cerritos, Culver City, Downey, Downtown & West Los Angeles, Hawaiian Gardens, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, Lakewood, Long Beach, Marina Del Ray, Mar Vista, Norwalk, Pacific Palisades, Paramount, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Signal Hill, Venice. You can also join if you have an immediate family member who is already a member.
Early Account Termination Fee
As far as we could see there is no early account termination fee.
Hat tip to Natanael
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times