Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: CA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $3, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: July 31, 2021
- BayCoast Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account using the promo code BCB250 and complete the following requirements:
- Open a Direct Checking with direct deposit and get a $100 incentive
- Make 12 posted debit card purchases within 90 days and get a $50 incentive
- Sign up for eStatements and get a $25 incentive
- Make a bill payment and (or) a mobile deposit and get $25
- Open a safe deposit box and receive a $40 credit toward your annual fee
- Receive your first order of starter checks with a $10 first order credit
The Fine Print
- Receive up to $250 with Direct Checking.
- Minimum opening deposit is $10.00.
- Average daily balance of $1,500.00 or one direct deposit per statement cycle waives the $3.00 monthly maintenance service charge.
- Offer valid for new accounts opened by 07/31/2021.
- Must be 18 years or older to open an account.
- Customer must not have had an open BayCoast Bank Direct Checking account within the last 12 months.
- Customer has 90 days after account opening to take the necessary action(s) to qualify for the incentive(s).
- Starter checks will be provided at no cost following account opening and the safe deposit box credit will be applied directly toward annual rent at the time of box rental.
- Other incentive(s) will be credited to the account within 90 days of qualification and account must be open and in good standing.
- Present this offer in person at account opening or enter the promotion code BCB250 during the online account opening process to be eligible for this offer.
- Only one account is eligible for this offer.
- Offer is exclusive, nontransferable, cannot be combined with any other offer, and is subject to change at any time.
- Employees of BayCoast Bank and its subsidiaries are not eligible.
- Direct deposits are automatic electronic deposits made through the ACH network to your account by someone else, such as an employer issuing payroll or a government or retirement plan paying benefits.
- It may not include deposits to your account that are made by an individual using online banking, an Internet payment provider, or a merchant advancing payroll using a debit card. ATM transactions do not qualify as debit card purchases.
- Enrollment in online banking is required to sign-up for eStatements, make bill payments, and perform mobile deposits.
- Safe deposit boxes are not available at all branch locations and availability varies by branch.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $3 monthly fee. This is waived with $1,500.00 or one direct deposit per statement cycle.
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule, so unsure if there is an early account termination fee or not.
Bit annoying how difficult it is to keep the account fee free, but given it’s only $3 monthly fee it’s not that bad. Need to know if it’s a hard or soft pull to open but if it’s a soft pull then it’s definitely worth doing.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times