Update 7/24/21: Available again, no end date listed. Hat tip to reader Pang.
Update 8/16/20: Deal is back through August 27th with promo code SAVE.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Any and all persons who live or regularly work in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, Sutter, Yolo and Yuba Counties, California, as well as any and all businesses, corporations, and/or other legal entities in the aforementioned counties
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft, report of hard pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Yes, up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
August 24th, 2018August 27, 2020
- Open a new Sacramento Credit Union free checking account and receive a bonus of $150 when you receive a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid July 10 to August 24, 2018.
- Checking account opened must be qualified for based on standard Sacramento Credito Union guidelines.
- Existing Sacramento Credit Union checking account holders are ineligible for the $150 bonus.
- Direct deposit (electronic transfer for payroll, pension or government benefits) must post to new checking account by day 60 after account opening.
- $150 bonus will be deposited into the new Free Checking Account on the first business day after 60 days of the account opening.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT.
The free checking account required has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
I wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
Not a huge bonus, but better than the previous $100 deal they have had. The small amount of credit card funding and the fact that there is no monthly fees to worry about is nice. I’ll be adding this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, EW who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times