Update 3/30/22: There is now a landing page for this offer, should be available to all rather than specific addresses now. Hat tip to redvwmicrobus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: CA only. Everyone who lives, works, or worships in the California counties of Alameda, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Clara, or Yolo.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: eStatements
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull (report of hard pull). Might be soft pull in branch and hard online
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
- USE Credit Union is offering a $300 checking bonus when you use the promo code NewMover. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- $50 for opening a new checking account
- $50 for setting up direct deposit within 90 days of account opening
- $100 for keeping account open six months
- $100 for keeping your account open one year
The Fine Print
- Must be 18 years of age
- Member must use code NewMover at account opening to receive this offer.
- Bonus payments subject to tax
- Must be a new USE Credit Union member and meet membership eligibility and account opening criteria
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
$15 fee if closed within 90 days of account opening according to the fee schedule.
Previously the best bonus was a $100 referral bonus. Obviously this $300 bonus is much better but we don’t know if this is somehow targeted to specific addresses and mixed datapoints of hard/soft pull. Because of that we won’t be adding this to the best checking bonuses for now.
Hat tip to Angela L
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times