Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: Yes, two direct deposits of $250+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft (overdraft protection no longer being offered)
- ChexSystems: Mixed. EWS sensitive according to the comments
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: 8/17/2021
- Capital One is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account with promo code BONUS150 and complete the following requirements:
- Set up and receive at least 2 direct deposits each of $250 or more within 75 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Open a 360 Checking account between 12:00 a.m. ET on June 16, 2021, and 11:59 p.m. ET on August 17, 2021. When you open your account, ensure you enter in promotional code BONUS150 in the Promo Code box at the bottom of the page.
- Set up and receive at least 2 direct deposits each of $250 or more to your 360 Checking account within 75 days of account opening. A qualifying direct deposit is a regular periodic payment, such as salary, pension, government payments (for example, Social Security), or other monthly income that occurs as an Automated Clearing House (ACH) or Real-Time Payment network credit from your employer or an outside institution. ACH credits or fund transfers initiated via the Capital One website or mobile app and wires are not considered a direct deposit.
- This account is subject to approval. This offer cannot be combined with any other 360 Checking account opening offers. Only one promotional code is accepted. Bonus is only valid for one new 360 Checking account. The amount of your bonus will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT to the IRS (and your state revenue authority, if required).
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee
Hat tip to reader William Q
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times