- Signup for the Capital One Venture and get 60,000 miles when you spend $3,000 within the first three months from card opening.
- $95 annual fee; fee is not waived the first year
- Card earns 2x points everywhere (the equivalent of 2% everywhere)
- Earns 5x on Uber and UberEATS through January 31, 2021
- No foreign transaction fees
- Visa Signature benefits
The recent 100k offer just ended, though that one needed $20k in spend, so it wasn’t for everyone. The regular deal on Venture is to get 40,000 ($400), though we’ve seen it go up to 50,000 or even up to 75,000.
Points can be redeemed either as a travel credit to offset $1,400 in travel costs or you can get gift card redemptions in that amount. You can also transfer the miles to 12 travel partners that Capital One has. Through April 2021, you can also offset dining and streaming charges as well.
If you’re going to apply, it’s worth checking out these Things to Know about Capital One Credit Cards first. Notably, Capital One is known to pull all three credit bureaus for each application. Keep in mind, you can freeze your Experian or Transunion and limit the pulls to just two. Another issue is that they seem to be stricter with approvals than other card issuers, and they may also have a rule to only approve one card per six months (hard pull won’t even be done beyond that).
Hat tip to reader naddi