New FinTech/card issuer Cardless (raised $10m over two rounds) has released it’s second public credit card ‘Cleveland Cavaliers‘. Let’s take a look in this quick review:
- No annual fee
- Sign up bonus of free Cleveland Cavaliers after $1,000 of spend within 3 months of opening your account (this is actually in the form of Fanatics gift card that is the same value of the Manchested United Home Shirt).
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points on Cavs season tickets and streaming services
- 3x points on other Cavs tickets, dining, grocery and delivery
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $5 towards Peacock Premium after $500 in monthly spend
- Points are worth 0.5¢. towards statement credit and 1¢ towards Cavs gift cards
- 10% off the Cavs store
This briefly had a 100,000 point bonus (worth $500) but that has now expired. Similar to the Manchester card. According to this comment Cardless won’t approve you for a second card. Will be interesting to see if new cards launched by Cardless all come with a $500 bonus for the first X sign ups or not. This cavs card doesn’t have as good earning categories as the Man U card, especially when there is no option for points to be worth 1¢ each when applying by a set date.