New FinTech/card issuer Cardless (raised $10m over two rounds) has released it’s first public credit card ‘Manchester United Credit Card‘. Let’s take a look in this quick review:
- No annual fee
- Sign up bonus of free Manchester United Home Shirt after $1,000 of spend within 3 months of opening your account (this is actually in the form of Fanatics gift card that is the same value of the Manchested United Home Shirt).
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x points on rideshare and streaming services
- 5x points on bars/ restaurants on match days
- 1x points on all other purchases
- $5 towards Peacock Premium after $500 in monthly spend
- Points are worth 1¢ each if you apply by 4/30, otherwise 0.5¢. 1.25¢/1¢ towards Manchested United gift cards. Increased rates are offered permanently if you apply by that date.
- 10% off on the official Manchester United Megastore, Red Cafe, and United Direct
This is an interesting offer because of the 5x categories, once the rates drop to 0.5¢ the card becomes pretty much worthless but I suspect the increased redeeming rate will be used as an increased sign up bonus and offered frequently.