Direct Link to offer (affiliate link)
- Walmart.com has Lysol Disinfecting Wipes, Lemon & Lime Blossom, 240ct (3X80ct) available for $9.97.
Looks like a pretty good price and immediate availability. Works especially well for those on Walmart+ who don’t have the $35 free shipping minimum.
Spirit has announced a new frequent flyer loyalty program called ‘Free Spirit‘. The new program will officially launch on January 21, 2021 but you can join now and start earning points and status.
Free Spirit will have three status levels:
- Free Spirit Members. This is the basic level that everybody starts as and you earn 6x points per dollar spent on airfare and 12x points per dollar spent on Á La Smarte options (seats and bags)
- Silver Members. This requires earning 2,000 SQPs (status qualifying points).
- Earns 8x points per dollar spent on airfare and 16x points per dollar spent on Á La Smarte options (seats and bags)
- Free shortcut security and boarding, same-day standby, and seat selection at check-in
- Dedicated guest care line, ability to create a points pool and no redemption fees
- Gold Members. This requires earning 5,000 SQPs (status qualifying points).
- Earns 10x points per dollar spent on airfare and 20x points per dollar spent on Á La Smarte options (seats and bags)
- All silver benefits (see above)
- Free flight flex
- First checked and carry-on bag
- Seat selection at booking (including exit rows)
- Free inflight beverage and snacks
Points used to expire after 90 days, they will now not expire for one year and can be extended with activity. Spirit credit cardholders points will not expire.
Pool Your Points
You’ll now be able to pool points with up to 8 friends and family members. It looks like you need at least Silver status to do this (unclear if everybody needs Silver or just one person).
Points & Cash
It will be possible to use a combination of points & cash to pay for flights starting at 1,000 points + cash.
It’s not clear what the redemption rates will be, but Spirit states that flights will start at 2,500 points per flight (same as current price). It looks like it’ll be tied to the cash rate, rather than the distance based award chart currently used. I can’t imagine most people spending enough with Spirit for Elite Status but points earned on the co-branded credit card do count towards status as well.
Direct link to offer (affiliate link)
- Amazon has a number of different subscription boxes and they are on sale for Black Friday. Discounts range from 10-75%
Looks like the discount only applies to the first month. Personally I think the majority of these boxes are just a huge waste of money. Some of them look kind cool (e.g Bitsbox for kids) but most seem overpriced trash. As always you can view a full list of ways to save on Amazon purchases to make these boxes even cheaper by clicking here.
Hat tip to Deals We Like
Update 1/23/21: Bonus is now $150. Direct deposit is now $500 instead of $250.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability:You’re eligible for membership if you live, work, worship, or attend school in Hartford, Middlesex, Tolland, or New Haven County in Connecticut, and Hampden County, Massachusetts.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
August 31st, 2020 November 7th, 2020
Direct link to offer
- American Eagle Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Direct deposit of $500+ required within 60 days of account opening
- Sign up for eStatements within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Excludes the My Basic Checking and My First Checking accounts.
- Promotion valid for new personal Checking accounts through August 31, 2020.
- The member must not have an existing open Checking account with American Eagle Financial Credit Union (AEFCU) or have had a Checking account with AEFCU in the last 365 days.
- $5 Savings account required for AEFCU membership.
- The account holder will be eligible for a $100 payment for opening an eligible Checking account during the promotional period, and then signing up for eStatements and making ten (10) debit transactions (signature or pin-based) of $10 dollars or more within sixty (60) days
- . Account must be open and in good standing at time of payout to obtain cash bonus.
- Limit of one $100.00 payment per member.
- Please allow up to 120 days from account opening to receive the bonus deposit into your share Savings account.
- Amount of deposit will be reported to the IRS and member is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Accounts closed within 180 days of opening will be charged a fee of $15.00.
- This offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Ask for details.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
My Checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 180 days otherwise a $15 fee will be charged.
Last time it was offered a direct deposit wasn’t required but 10 x $10 debit card transactions were. Some people might prefer this offer but most would rather the no direct deposit option. We will add this to the best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader Brenden F
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- Update 10/4/20: Deal is back and valid until November 7th, 2020. Now requires a direct deposit
- Some Citi Sears cardholders have received a targeted spending bonus. Valid until 3/21/21. Some of the offers are as follows:
- Spend $1,000 or more and earn $75
- Spend $2,500 or more and earn $150 or 15,000 Citi ThankYou Points
These deals stack and there is currently two other offers:
This is why we rank this as our top store credit card. More information on this card here.
Hat tip to reader Sam C
BPme Rewards has launched something called price match. Users need to enroll and it costs $0.99 per month it then works like this:
- You must pump at least 8 gallons of gas to be eligible and must use BPme Rewards
- Price match looks at prices within a 1/2 mile radius and if eligible awards a discount to your account (if no competitor is found it will expand the search to 2 miles until a competitor is found)
- Discount applies to your next fill up and is capped at 5¢ per gallon
Price match uses GasBuddy to compare but it only includes the following brands: Exxon, Mobil, Shell, Chevron, and Marathon. Diesel fuel is excluded.
As they say the devil is in the detail and this program seems largely worthless with the mile radius, competitors confined to those brands. Even if it does find a discount it’s capped at 5¢ per gallon.
Hat tip to reader Jeff H & Mayer
- Apple is extending free trials of Apple TV+ that were given out with Apple hardware. These free trials are now good through July, 2021.
Apple has already extended this free trial a number of times.
Hat tip to 9to5mac
Direct link to offer
- Prevail is offering free pad and a light liner
These sort of things always make great donations to shelters/food banks if you don’t need them yourself.
No direct link to offer. Sent out via e-mail. Subject line is ‘Special offer: $59.99 for a year of double miles’. Might have the same e-mail with a different dollar amount
- American express has targeted some loyalty members for the Tailwind promotion. With this promotion you register by February 12, 2021 and pay an annual fee of $59.99 (or $69.99 or some other pricing) and earn double miles for a year on eligible domestic flights.
The Fine Print
- This exclusive offer is non-transferable and only for members who receive the offer directly from American Airlines
- Price/offers collected in U.S dollars are non-refundable and subject to cancellation and change
- Subscription fee includes U.S. federal excise tax (currently seven and one-half percent (7.5%) and is subject to change
- All amounts paid by the Member under this agreement are exclusive of other sales, use or privilege taxes, or tax-like charges, fees or similar liabilities
- Register by 11:59 p.m. CDT on February 12, 2021 in order for your flights to count for this promotion
- Offer only applies to eligible flights that are both marketed by American Airlines and operated by American or our codeshare partners
- Flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners, including joint business partners: British Airways, Finnair, Iberia,Japan Airlines, and Qantas aren’t eligible for this promotion
- Offer applies to eligible purchased, published fares on domestic flights from the date you register and purchase your subscription for one full year
- Flights flown before registration for this promotion aren’t eligible for the bonus-mile offer
- Flights that don’t earn AAdvantage® miles won’t count toward this promotion
- After completing a flight, your bonus miles will be deposited into your AAdvantage® account and will post separately from base miles earned for eligible flight activity
- Bonus miles don’t count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage® Million MilerSM status
- Mileage earned will be calculated at 100% of base award miles earned for eligible flight activity. Double miles will not apply to the elite mileage bonus – only base award miles. Read more about earning award mileage.
- Miles are subject to the standard AAdvantage® program terms and conditions
- American Airlines may, at any time and without notice, change, stop or end this promotion in part or in full
This is only applies to base award miles, not on the elite bonus so keep that in mind. How good this deal will really depend on how much you plan to fly this year and how expensive your individual offer is. This is an easy pass for me, but others might be tempted.
Hat tip to reader Ed
Xbox has announced that Xbox Live Gold pricing will be increasing, existing members will renew at their current price. New pricing will be as follows:
- 1-month for $10.99
- 3-months for $29.99
- 6-months for $59.99 (previously $59.99 for 12 months)
The cheapest way to get Xbox Live membership is the past has been through CD Keys and using the Brazilian account work around. Unfortunately there is no good deal there currently. Some retailers are still showing the old pricing, e.g:
Might make sense to stock up if you’re a XBOX fan.