Xbox has announced that Xbox Live Gold pricing will be increasing, existing members will renew at their current price. New pricing will be as follows:
- 1-month for $10.99
- 3-months for $29.99
- 6-months for $59.99 (previously $59.99 for 12 months)
The cheapest way to get Xbox Live membership is the past has been through CD Keys and using the Brazilian account work around. Unfortunately there is no good deal there currently. Some retailers are still showing the old pricing, e.g:
Might make sense to stock up if you’re a XBOX fan.
Direct Link to offer
- Swagbucks is offering 1,500 SB (worth $15) when signing up for Public investing app and depositing $5.
The Fine Print
- Prodege is compensated by Public when members fund an account with Public.
- SB will appear as Pending for 32 days.
- Available on both Android and iOS.
- Must enter valid sign-up information, including credit card information to earn SB.
- Must sign up and deposit $5 or more to earn SB.
- Offer may only be redeemed once (1) per user.
- This offer is presented to you by Swagbucks on behalf of a third-party merchant or sponsor (“Merchant”). Swagbucks does not endorse (and therefore is not responsible to you for) the Merchant’s views, policies, products or services. Have questions? Please contact the Swagbucks Help Center. If you are not credited within 32 days of offer completion, you have 14 days to contact the Swagbucks Help Center for further investigation. Help Center tickets submitted after the 14 day grace period are not eligible for further investigation and SB.
You’ll also get $5 in partial stock from Public when signing up, according to reader Daniel, making this a $20 moneymaker. I don’t usually sign up with financial institutions for a bonus of this amount, but it should be an easy moneymaker and some people might be interested in trying out the app as well.
Hat tip to reader Daniel
If you’re new to Swagbucks then please read our review. You can get a bonus of up to $13 by using a referral link.
Due to COVID-19 Wyndham has paused points expiration through June 30, 2021. Recently a few readers have e-mailed to say that their points have expired and are no longer accessible. After reaching out to Wyndham’s media team it seems that the issue with these accounts is that their account has gone from ‘active’ to ‘inactive’. This happens when there has been no earning or redeeming of points for a period of 18 months.
Wyndham has been restoring accounts from inactive to active when contacted since the start of the pandemic. However in some cases account holders have been told that this is not possible. This is because historically Wyndham has been willing to restore inactive accounts once as a courtesy upon request. In light of the pandemic though, this policy has was relaxed further so that any account that went inactive during the pandemic (March 1, 2020 or beyond), regardless of past requests, would be eligible to be made active and have its points restored.
Unfortunately some Member Services team members appear to have not been familiar with this relaxed policy, which resulted in accounts not being resorted. Wyndham is working to ensure all staff are aware of this relaxed policy and properly communicating it to members. After speaking with Wyndham’s media team, they have advised us that, over the coming days, Wyndham will be proactively restoring accounts and points for any members they’ve identified as experiencing this issue. Additionally, members with questions, or who need to have their points restored sooner, can is to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “points inquiry.”
Thanks to the readers that reached out to us in the first case and then Wyndham for helping to resolve the issue.
Update 1/22/21: Deal is back and valid until 2/1/21.
Direct link to offer
The Fine Print
- Present coupon or mobile device and proof of Pals Rewards membership to receive this offer.
- Not valid on the purchase of gift cards, prior purchases or online.
- Void if copied, altered, transferred and where prohibited by law.
- Single-use coupon, limit one per household.
- Valid on in-stock items only.
- Selection varies by store.
- Customer responsible to pay sales tax.
- Sales tax calculated on product price before coupon discount applied. Offer valid 11/8-11/21/20.
PetSmart has a similar deal (no longer available unfortunately). Even if you don’t want these for your dog consider picking one up anyway and donating it to an animal shelter.
Direct link to offers: Orlando, FL, Las Vegas, NV, Branson, MO, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Wyndham is offering a 4 day/3 night stay for $199. You also get 15,000 Wyndham points and a “Spend A Night On Us” rebate coupon for up to $100 cashback on a future one night stay.
The Fine Print
- You, and your spouse if married, must attend a 120-minute CLUB WYNDHAM® timeshare sales presentation. Please read our Terms and Conditions to see if you meet the minimum eligibility requirements. Earliest available check-in is 14 days from the vacation purchase date.
- Transportation, airfare, gratuities, parking fees, room taxes, meals not specifically advertised, and incidentals are not included. The retail value of this package may depend on room availability, additional feature(s) and travel dates selected. You must complete your stay within 12 months from date of purchase.
- Wyndham Rewards Points: You will receive a certificate redeemable for 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points. Points must be claimed within 90 days of the activation date (Retail value $195). *Good for 1 standard bedroom per night at applicable properties, subject to availability. A per night resort fee is payable for all nights at Caesars hotels, including Go Free nights. Points cannot be used to pay resort fees. Cancellation policies vary by property. Blackout dates/rates, minimum length of stay requirements and other restrictions apply at condos and homes. See Wyndhamrewards.com/terms for more information and full terms and conditions payable for all nights at Caesars hotels, including Go Free nights. Points cannot be used to pay resort fees. Cancellation policies vary by property. Blackout dates/rates, minimum length of stay requirements and other restrictions apply at condos and homes. See Wyndhamrewards.com/redeem for more information and full terms and conditions.
- This offer is valid only for residents of the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, DC, WI, WV, WY. For NY Residents: The price range of interests offered varies from $11,800 – $92,700 and is subject to change without notice.
Keep in mind COVID-19 and I never recommend attending these presentations if you struggle to stay firm/say no. Normally you can get a better than standard offer by calling in, we talk about this process here (sadly no Wyndham datapoints yet).
Hat tip to FM
Drop app has a few card link offers which look interesting:
- Get 70 points per $1 (7%) at Dunkin’ in-store when saving the offer and then using a linked card. Offer expires in 67 days.
- Get 60 points per $1 (6%) at Chipotle in-store when saving the offer and then using a linked card. Offer expires in 67 days.
- Get 2 points per $1 (.2%) at Amazon when saving the offer and then using a linked card. Offer expires in 67 days.
- Get 10,000 points with 1800flowers order. Offer expires in 37 days.
The beauty of card link offers is that you save it and then earn automatically when using the linked card – it typically won’t interfere with other offers or stacks.
Direct Link to offer (affiliate link)
- Amazon is offering $5 off $25 on select Personal Care and Beauty items.
Lots of everyday items there for things. Still worth price checking to ensure you’re getting a good deal.
Update 1/21/20: More people targeted.
Direct link to offer (affiliate links here and below)
- Amazon is offering $10 off $30 when you use at least one Chase Ultimate Rewards point
- Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- Link your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already (you often have to wait 24 hours after registering your card until you can activate the offer)
- Activate offer at this link
- Add $30 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Chase Rewards Card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Ultimate Rewards Points you’d like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least $.01 of the purchase)
- Up to a $10 discount off $30 will be automatically applied at checkout
The Fine Print
- The promotion will begin on 11/10/2020 and end on the earlier of (a) 11:59pm PT on 1/31/2021, or (b) the time at which 45,000 customers have redeemed the offer
Recently it seems like you’re not eligible for these deals if you’ve recently done one of the same deals (e.g $15 off $50). Might be better to wait for a bigger offer to return if you are targeted as doing this offer will likely mean you won’t be eligible for another one in the next 12 months. It won’t work on Amazon branded gift cards, but it should work on third party gift cards. Samples gift cards available on Amazon:
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Stop and Shop
- Best Buy (physical)
Direct link to offer
- United is offering bonus miles under their Mile Play promotion when you complete certain requirements
- Book and fly by March 31, 2021
We frequently see these offers from United, they have been a bit different than normal since COVID-19 as they used to require you to fly more than you normally would to be eligible for a big flat bonus whereas now it seems to be points multipliers.
Hat tip to lenin1991
Stop&Shop, Giant, Martin’s (ad for 1/22-1/28)
- Giant/Stopandshop/Martin’s have an offer for January 22 through January 28 to get 10x fuel points on the purchase Apple gift cards.
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases.
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon (max $1.50 discount in most). Points can be used at partner Shell locations.
Points are now usable on groceries as well, with a value of 100 points equaling a $1 discount.
- You have 30 days to select whether you want to use the points on gas or groceries, then 30 days to actually use them.
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
Depending what you value the points this can amount to a nice deal/discount on the gift cards. Remember to use a credit that earns a bonus at the grocery.
Hat tip to GC Galore