Update 1/18/21: Deal is now 750. Valid until 04/01/2021.
Update 7/15/20: More people targeted for this. Also requires opening a chase total business checking account as well. Making this deal even worse than before. Hat tip to reader shilph
Extended until July 2nd
No direct link, check your Just For You in your Chase Business login
- Chase is offering some business customers $750 when signing up for Chase Merchant Services and processing $500 in payments.
The Fine Print
- Valid through April 2, 2020
- Must be opened in-branch or over the phone
Reader Sammy got this offer, and clarified that there aren’t really any fees to sign up for merchant services, just the 2.5%-2.9% card processing fees, so the overall costs to run $500 in processing are minimal. Not sure if they’ll send a 1099-MISC for this bonus.
I imagine a lot of people have some sort of business or another which processes that amount and take advantage of this offer if targeted. Seems like Chase is targeting people who recently opened a business account with Chase (probably a business checking account).
Hat tip to reader Sammy, Oliver, Celia
RELATED: What Are Merchant Services (Common Requirement For Business Banking Bonuses)?
Update: Mailers have been sent out with an end date of January 19, 2021.
Direct link to offer
- Barclays offering a sign up bonus of 100,000 JetBlue points on the JetBlue Plus card. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn 50,000 points after $1,000 in spend within the first 90 days
- Earn an additional 50,000 bonus points after spending a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 12 months
- Full Review Here
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6x points per dollar spent on jetBlue purchases (previously 2x points)
- 2x points per dollar spent on restaurants and groceries (previously 1x point)
- 1x points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Annual fee of $99 (not waived first year)
- Free checked bag for the primary cardmember and up to three companions on the same reservation when you use your JetBlue Plus Card to purchase tickets on JetBlue-operated flights
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary
- Enjoy all Mosaic benefits for one year after you spend $50,000 or more on purchases after your anniversary date
- Get 10% of your points back every time you redeem to use toward your next redemption
- No foreign transaction fees
- $100 statement credit after you purchase a Getaways vacation package with your card
- 50% savings on eligible inflight purchases including cocktails, food and movies
This is obviously a huge offer, previous best deal was 60,000 points. This offer has a higher spend requirement, but still significantly better than normal. JetBlue award flight prices are linked to the cash price of a ticket, much like Southwest. If you have any questions about Barclays credit cards, read this post first. I definitely think this card/bonus is worth signing up for and will add this to our list of the best credit card bonuses. There is also a bonus of 100,000 points on the business card as well.
Direct link to offer
- Target Redcardholders are being offered $10 off $100+ Target online or in store
The Fine Print
- Expires January 23, 2021
- Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Baby Alive Grow Up Baby, Barbie Dreamhouse & Camper, Beats Powerbeats, Beats Powerbeats Pro, Beats Solo Pro, Bose, Cards Against Humanity, Casper, The Child action figure, clinic & pharmacy, Cricut, dairy milk, DockATot, Dockers, Disney Frozen Castle, DSLR cameras & lenses, Dyson, Elf on the Shelf, Elvie, Facebook Oculus and Portal, face masks (Vera Bradley, Dolan, Sanctuary & Sugar Fix brands), Fitbit, gift cards, Google, HALO Baby, Hasbro Games (Classic Monopoly, Connect Four, Jenga, Rubik’s Cube, Sorry, Trouble), Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage, HP, Imaginext Batcave, Infant Optics, Instant Pot, JBL, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED TV, limited-time designer partnerships, Little People Rampway, L.O.L. House & Collector, Mega Bloks, mobile contracts, Motrin pain relief, Nerf Ultra, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Poo-Pourri, Peg Perego, Philips Avent, power shave, power dental, Harry’s and Flamingo, prepaid cards, PlayStation consoles and accessories, Samsung TVs, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony Electronics, Target Optical, Tempur-Sealy, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Vera Bradley handbags, Weber, What Do You Meme?, and Xbox consoles and accessories.
Huge exclusion list as always. New redcardholders can get $50 off $100+ when signing up currently as well.
Hat tip to DDG
Update 1/18/21: Deal is back and valid through 3/5/21.
No direct link; log in to your Hilton Honors account and head to the buy points screen.
- Buy 10,000+ Hilton Honors points get an 100% bonus.
The Fine Print
- A maximum of 80,000 Hilton Honors points can be purchased per year, so the maximum bonus is +80,000 Hilton Honors points (160,000 total points, $800).
- Some Hilton Honors members may be able to purchase 160,000 points per year, doubling those numbers.
- Valid until July 15, 2020
Don’t forget you can go through a portal as the points are actually sold through Points.com, for example Topcashback is offering 2.5% cash back on these purchases. You’ll also earn credit card rewards points as normal so your cost basis is under 0.5¢. Personally I don’t like purchasing points/miles as I find them a lot more inflexible than cash, I also value Hilton points at less than 0.5¢ so this isn’t a good deal for me. We talk about point valuations and issues with people overvaluing points in this post. I guess if you don’t have any Hilton points and have a specific redemption in mind then purchasing points isn’t a terrible idea, but I certainly wouldn’t advocate for purchasing points speculatively.
- Update 10/8/20: Some people are also being targeted for 5,000 bonus points regardless of how many you buy. 1,000 + 1,000 bonus points + 5,000 bonus points (7,000 total) for $10 is the cheapest deal.
- Update 7/30/20: Valid again through December 31st, 2020
- Update 7/30/20: Valid again through September 30th, 2020
- Update 6/15/20: Deal is available again and valid through July 15, 2020
- Update 5/28/20: Extended through June 3rd, 2020
- Update 5/25/20: Deal is available again until May 27th, 2020. The maximum has also been increased from 80,000 points to 160,000 points.
- Update 1/8/20: Deal is back and valid until February 19, 2020. (ht OMAAT)
- Update 12/17/19: Deal is back and valid until December 28th, 2019.
- Update 11/13/19: Deal is available again, this time valid until November 26, 2019, at 11:59pm ET
- Update 9/15/19: Deal is available again, valid until Oct 22nd, 2019 11:59pm ET. Hat tip to reader Alec
- Update 4/14/19: Deal is available again and valid until May 28th, 2019. Hat tip to Travel Update
Beginning January 14th, United Airlines Travel Bank purchases no longer work to trigger the American Express airline incidental credit, according to reader ChurningExperiences and various data points on Flyertalk.
They switched the category of the purchase from “special service ticket”, which was considered by the AmEx system as an incidental charge, to “gift certificate” which is not. Purchases made January 14th and beyond will not get credited. Purchases made on the 13th an earlier were credited.
Major bummer, lots of people were using this. Hopefully everyone used up their airline incidental credits immediately in early January when it was still working.
Update 1/18/21: The refunds have now been clawed back, apparently they were an error.
Multiple readers reached out about annual fee refund credits on their Hyatt card (legacy version). A lot of people are confused by this credit or thinking that it’s part of a pandemic credit program, but it seems to be related to the conversion that took place on January 11 of the legacy Hyatt card to the World of Hyatt card. Chase is apparently prorating the annual fee, and then presumably a new annual fee will post soon to the card, perhaps on February 1.
Hat tip to readers Mike S and B.
Amazon is selling a $25 Gap physical gift card for $20 shipped (affiliate link). Limit 1. Pretty good deal for Gap, won’t last long.
The Southwest Companion Pass is typically earned when you get 125,000 Southwest points within a calendar year. This year, due to the pandemic, Southwest is granting all active members on 12/31/20 a 25,000 credit toward the Companion Pass. Meaning you’ll only have to earn 100,000 points in order to get the pass. (These points are only a Companion Pass credit to lower the threshold in getting the pass; you don’t get free 25,000 points to use.)
Hopefully we’ll see more travel later this year and next, so it could make sense to earn the Companion Pass now with the 25k lower threshold which will be valid for the entire 2021 and 2022. I don’t see the 25,000 credit reflected in my Southwest login (still showing zero), maybe it’s taking longer than expected to show up.
You can get any of the three Southwest personal credit cards with an 80,000 points signup bonus – you’ll have at least 90,000 points after meeting the $10,000 spend requirement, and that brings you close to the 100,000 requirement. Or signup for the business version and get 100,000 points – you’ll have 125,000 after meeting the $25,000 spend requirement.
- Some Samsung phone users are being offered six months of Spotify premium.
The Fine Print
- Who is eligible to participate in the Spotify Premium trial offer? Any US/DC resident who is at least 18 years of age who purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G or Note20 Ultra 5G, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy A51, or Galaxy A71 5G between 3/6/20 and 3/6/21. No other Samsung devices are eligible for this promotion. Only for customers who haven’t tried Spotify Premium before.
I assume this enrolls you in auto billing, so remember to cancel.
Plaza Premium lounges in India are no longer accepting Priority Pass to access the lounge. Plaza Premium operates multiple lounges in Delhi, Hyderabad and one in Chandigarh. Plaza Premium has confirmed this on Twitter. It’s unclear what has caused this change. In other areas lounges have changed access availability due to reduced capacity caused by COVID restrictions but I’m not sure if that applies here or not.
Hat tip to Live From A Lounge