Check your Chase Offers for the following deal:
- Earn 20% back on all of your JCPenney purchases until a $22.00 back maximum is reached
This offer is showing on Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and other banks that use the same back-end as well.
The Fine Print
Nice deal if you need to get something from JCPenney.
Check your Bank Amerideals/Chase Offers for the following deal:
- Earn 10% cash back on your Lyft purchase, with a $3.00 cash back maximum.
The Fine Print
- Offer expires 5/16/2021.
- Offer valid one time only.
- Payment must be made directly with merchant. Offer not valid on third-party delivery services.
- Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.
I see this on my Bank Amerideals, it might be on Chase Offers and other banks that use the same back-end as well. This is the first we’ve seen Lyft show up there. Nice little discount.
Check your AmEx Offers for the following deal:
- Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300 in one or more transactions online at AMEXGIFTCARD.COM by 7/5/2021. See terms for exclusions.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid online at Amexgiftcard.com only.
- This offer is for American Express® Gift Cards and Business Gift Cards and American Express® eGift Cards and Business eGift Cards (“Gift Cards”). Excludes the following types of orders or prepaid Cards issued by American Express: 1) Bulk orders over $100K, 2) Reloadable Gift Cards, 3) logo Gift Cards, 4) any American Express issued prepaid Card not sold or fulfilled specifically via Amexgiftcard.com, or 5) Gift Cheques.
- Please note that Gift Cards purchased on Amexgiftcard.com cannot be shipped in the states of HI and VT.
- Terms and conditions apply to Gift Cards. Visit Amexgiftcard.com to view applicable Cardholder Agreement for complete details. Gift Cards are issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. PCMC is licensed as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services. NMLS ID# 913823. Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit.
- Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied.
We used to see these regularly, but for $10 off $200, so this is a better deal. There are usually promo codes to save on shipping and/or activation fees, let us know what promo codes you see in the comments or any tips for maximizing this this deal.
Hat tip to reader Art
View more Amex offers here & if you have any questions abut American Express offers then read this post.
Update 4/19/21: Deal is abck and valid until December 31, 2021. Hat tip to reader Loren.
Update 10/5/19: Deal has been extended until December 31st, 2019.
Bonus is back for 2019. Please make sure you’ve only shared your code once. Codes shared more than once will be removed. NO EXCUSES NO BULLSHIT
Reposting because it’s available to some in Oregon. Oregon: I live or work in the following counties: Benton, Clackamas, Columbia, Lane, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Washington, and Yamhill. Hat tip to reader Revil.
Bonus is back for 2017. Thanks to reader William E for letting us know.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 for both parties
- Availability: Must be eligible to join CU (live, work or worshipping in Washington State qualifies you – more options here). Looks like it’s also available to some in Oregon as well
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None listed
- Early account termination fee: None listed
- Expiration date:
October 14th, 2016 December 31st, 2016 October 1st, 2017 – December 31st, 2017 June 12 until July 31, 2018 December 31st, 2018 June 30th, 2019 December 31st, 2019
Direct link to offer
- Receive a sign up bonus of $100 when you open a new checking account using a friends referral code online or in branch (friend will also receive $100 bonus, they can refer a maximum of five people). You must also complete the following requirements:
- Use promotional code 100REF21
- Call 206-439-5700 within seven days and provide them with your friends unique referral code
- Have an active account within 60 days of account opening, an active account is defined as:
- Have five or more qualifying transactions (buy something with debit card or withdraw cash from ATM, write a check or electronic check, make payments using bill pay and more that aren’t specified) OR
- Deposit $500+ in a rolling month
- Their member advantage checking & savings accounts also earn 4.07% APY on balances up to $500.
The Fine Print
- $100 Referred Member Incentive.
- Visit any BECU location and bring promo code 100REF18 and the unique referral code of referrer with you.
- Referring members must be 18 years and older and a primary on a Member Share/Member Advantage savings account.
- Referred member may not be an existing member and must be age 18 and older. Must be eligible to establish membership with a Member Share Savings or Member Advantage Savings Account.
- New member must maintain a Member Share Savings/Member Advantage Savings Account and open a checking account using the unique referral and promo codes and meet the utilization requirements.
- Accounts must remain open for 60 days or more.
- BECU reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time.
- Other terms, limitations and conditions may apply.
- Check with BECU for current Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of accounts.
- New member and referring member will receive the $100 bonus deposit to the Member Share/Member Advantage savings account within 60 days of opening qualifying accounts and meeting the utilization requirements and will be reported for the new member as interest income to the IRS on IRS Form 1099-INT at year-end and may be reported to the IRS on form 1099-MISC for the referring member.
- Limited to the first five qualifying members referred.
- This offer cannot be combined with other offers.
- BECU is not required to pay the promotional incentive for accounts opened without the appropriate Promo Code and Referral Code.
- BECU reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time. Employees are not eligible to refer and/or receive and incentive. Joint Account holders are not eligible to refer.
- Business, Fiduciary, Zero-Dividend, HSA, and Early Savers Accounts are not eligible to refer and/or receive an incentive.
- Offer limit of 5 qualified referrals per member or bonus deposits totaling no more than $500.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Their member advantage and regular checking accounts both come with no monthly fee, you’re probably better off with the member advantage checking account as this earns 4.07% APY on balances up to $500. As far as I could see there was no early account termination fee in their fee schedule.
Feel free to share your referral codes in the comments, make sure you also share any other information you have (e.g soft/hard pull and credit card funding) so that this post is of more use to readers. You can also refer a maximum of 5 people, so if you use somebodies referral code then let them know in the comments.
This is a pretty good bonus, it’s pretty easy to meet the bonus requirements and it’s also easy to keep the account fee free. Only downside is that you can’t fund with a credit card. Deal is even better if you can get a friend to refer you and split the referral money. We’ve added this to our list of the best checking promos. Please share any experiences you have and your referral code if you have one in the comments below.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
Update 4/18/21: There is also an offer for 80,000, but it only requires $6,000 spend
Many people are seeing an increased signup bonus on the American Express business gold card when using a incognito mode:
- Get 90,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 within 3 months of signup.
- $295 annual fee, not waived first year
- Card earns 4x points on the two categories your business spends the most each billing cycle, from the following list (up to $150,000 in combined purchases each calendar year):
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- 25% points back after you book a flight with pay with points
Similar to the 150,000 Business Platinum card bonus. I assume this is available via referral links as well, there was a 85,000 point bonus before so this is only a slight increase. Will add this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
Check your American Express Membership Rewards cards AmEx Offers for the following deal:
- Spend $1,250 in one or more transactions at Amazon.com and get 2,500 bonus Membership Rewards points. Offer can be done three times.
The Fine Print
It’s a 2x bonus if you spend exactly $1,250. That’s easy to do by (affiliate links follow) reloading your Amazon account or buying an Amazon gift card in the amount of $1,250. Or you can just switch the card to be your default payment method on Amazon and use it slowly/organically.
The deal could be worthwhile in many cases, e.g. if you have it on BBP, you’ll get 4x points per $1 which could be worth even more than the baseline 5% earned on Amazon credit cards. If you save the offer on a card that has the $25/$500 AmEx Offer, you’ll get another $25 back as well.
There’s a similar offer to get a bonus $10/1,000 points on Amazon with $200 or $500 of spend.
Hat tip to Pat and Taz and to my friend Dave for the image
Some people are seeing spend bonuses on their American Express Membership Rewards cards. Offers vary, here are two examples:
- Spend $2,500+ anywhere, get 2,500 Membership Rewards® points. Can be done up to 3 times.
- Spend $2,000+ anywhere, get 1,000 Membership Rewards® points. Can be done up to 3 times.
The Fine Print
- Spend can be done in-store or online
- Valid through 12/31/21
There’s a somewhat similar offer for spending at Amazon; the offer discussed in this post is for spend anywhere. Could be useful depending which card you got it, e.g. if you got on BBP, you’ll get 3x everywhere instead of the typical 2x everywhere if you meet the spend.
Hat tip to reader Jon and to DDG
Amazon has spring water on sale (affiliate link below):
- $.90 for Crystal Geyser, Alpine Spring Water, 128 Fl Oz
Ships free with Prime. These are shipped and sold by Amazon themselves, and you can use shop-with-points deals to get a further discount. It’s a pain in the neck to carry water from the grocery, so this is an easy way to get it shipped to your door.
Hat tip to TJBDeals
Direct link to offer
- Southwest is offering up to 5,000 bonus points for new members that join by May 31. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- Book and fly two one ways (or one roundtrip) by May 31 and earn 3000 bonus points
- Book and fly to more one ways (or a second roundtrip) by May 31 and earn 2000 more bonus points
Nice deal for those that are eligible and plan to take those flights, unfortunately I think that’s a small amount of people.
Hat tip to VFTW