Update 4/1/22: Deal will end April 11 at 4 ET.
Chase and Hyatt launched today a new World of Hyatt small business Visa credit card which boasts a 75,000 points signup bonus and comes with a $199 annual fee. The card comes with two $50 annual Hyatt credits, 10% points bonus with $50,000 spend, Discoverist status, primary rental car insurance, along with other benefits.
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you spend $7,500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
The card earns points at the following rates:
- Earn 4x points per dollar at Hyatt properties
- Earn 2x points per dollar on your top three categories, from a selection of the following eight categories (they call this “Adaptive accelerator”):
- Airline tickets when purchased directly with the airline
- Local transit & commuting
- Social media & search engine Advertising
- Car rental agencies
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable & phone services
- Earn 2 points per dollar on fitness club and gym memberships
- Earn 1 point per dollar on all other spend
- Spend $50,000 or more on the card in a calendar year and receive 10% of redeemed points back as Bonus Points for the remainder of the calendar year (maximum of 20,000 Bonus Points per calendar year)
- Terms: If, during a single calendar year (January 1 through December 31), you and any employee(s) collectively spend $50,000 or more in Purchases on your World of Hyatt Business Card, you will receive 10% Bonus Points back on up to a total of 200,000 World of Hyatt points you redeem for free night awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services and FIND experiences during the remainder of that calendar year. Points are only considered redeemed on the day of checkout of the relevant stay or upon completion of the relevant service or experience. Stays completed prior to reaching the spend milestone or after the end of that calendar year do not count. Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible.
- Earn $100 in Hyatt credit each anniversary year: Spend $50 or more at any Hyatt property and earn $50 in statement credits up to two times each anniversary year
- Automatic Discoverist status in World of Hyatt (typically requires 10 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Base Points)
- Gift up to 5 Discoverist statuses to their company employees (they do not have to be cardholders)
- 5 Tier-qualifying night credits with each $10,000 in spend on the card in a calendar year
- With World of Hyatt’s 2021 reduced elite status criteria, World of Hyatt Business Credit cardmembers can earn top tier Globalist status with $60,000 in spend on the card now through Dec. 31, 2021.
- Access to Hyatt Leverage, Hyatt’s global business travel program that offers special rates to qualifying small and mid-sized enterprises at participating Hyatt hotels worldwide
- $199 annual fee (fee is NOT waived the first year)
- No foreign transaction fees
- No fee for employee business cards
- Primary rental car collision damage waiver
The signup bonus is nice. You can also spruce it up by having your friend/spouse refer you and they’ll get the referral bonus as well.
Some might find it useful as a keeper card, especially if you can easily use the two $50 Hyatt credits. The categories are a bit better than on the personal Hyatt card, but the free night on the personal version makes it much easier to justify the annual fee. There was a rumor last week about a premium Hyatt card coming out, and apparently that was a misdirected reference to this new Hyatt business card.