Update 12/10/20: Deal available again.
Direct Link to offer (login required)
- Chase is offering 7,500 Ultimate Rewards points when signing up for a The Motley Fool annual subscription for $99.
Not all Chase cards are seeing this offer; for example, I’m seeing 5,000 on my Sapphire Reserve and 7,500 on my Freedom. Others are seeing the 7,500 offer on other cards.
The Fine Print
- Eligible on one (1) subscription per loyalty account number.
- Only eligible on paid 1 year subscription to The Motley Fool. Monthly subscriptions are ineligible.
- Subscription must be active for at least 60 days.
- Not eligible on any free products, trials, services, memberships, subscriptions and retailer marketing subscriptions.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
- Purchases made with a gift card may be ineligible.
If you have the 1.5 Sapphire Reserve cashout as an option, you can cash these points out for $112.50, leaving a small $13.50 moneymaker (possibly less if there’s sales tax). Plus, you’ll earn
297 99 points on the purchase. While it might not be worth the hassle for the small gain, it could especially make sense for someone who values the subscription itself or for someone who values UR points at more than 1.5 cents.
Set yourself a reminder to cancel after 60 days. There is a 30-day money back guarantee from Motley Fool; if there’s some issue with the tracking, you do have a buffer zone.
Hat tip to manlymatt83