Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100
- Availability: Nationwide
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: 10 qualifying transactions
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: No
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $50 with a debit card online (prepaids do not work). Cannot fund with debit or credit in branch.
- Monthly fees: $4.95
- Early account termination fee: Bonus taken back if closed within six months
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: 07/14/2021
- Chase is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new Secure Banking account and complete 10 qualifying transactions
The Fine Print
- Bonus/Account Information: Offer valid until 07/14/2021.
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Coupon is good for one-time use. Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and its affiliates are not eligible for this offer.
- To receive the bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Secure Banking account, which is subject to approval; AND 2) Complete at least 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment. After you have completed all the above requirements and the 10 qualifying transactions have posted to your account, we’ll deposit the bonus into your new account within 15 days.
- To receive this bonus, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout.
- Qualifying transactions include debit card purchases, online bill payments, Chase QuickDepositSM, Zelle®, or ACH credits. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- Account Closing: If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after coupon enrollment, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $4.95 monthly fee.
Early Account Termination Fee
You lose the bonus if you close the account within six months of account opening.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times