- Chase has increased the signup bonus on all of their three consumer cards (Plus, Premier, Priority) to 100,000 points on public links and referral links. The bonus is broken down as follows:
- Earn 50,000 points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn an additional 50,000 points after you spend $12,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening.
These offers ends 12/7/21. The Performance Business card and Premier Business card still have their regular 80,000 and 60,000 points bonuses, respectively.
- Chase 5/24 rule do apply to these cards
- Annual fees are not waived the first year
- The Premier personal card earns a 6,000 points anniversary bonus; the Plus earns 3,000 points anniversary bonus; the Priority earns 7,500 anniversary bonus
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card Full Review & F.A.Q’s
- How Much Are Southwest Rapid Rewards Points Worth?
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Southwest Companion Pass
The highest we’ve seen these cards was at 80,000 points, I believe this 100,000 deal is the highest ever. All of these signup bonus offers are available via referral as well with the new member getting the same bonus and the referrer getting 20,000 points.
If you spend $2,000 within 3 months and another $10,000 during the first year, you’ll end up with 112,000 points which brings you near the 125,000 needed for the Companion Pass. Hopefully you can do some category spend or shopping portal spend or an actual flight to push you up to 125,000.
The best way to play this is to push off meeting the spend requirements so that all points post after January 1st 2022, then complete the spend requirement in early 2022. This way, you’ll get the Companion Pass for most of 2022 and the entire 2023. Points post with statement close, so you can meet the spend during December, as long as the statement will close in January. You can also hold off a bit before applying for the card to make the timing easier; these 100k offers are slated to be around until December 7th.
Chase Southwest also launched today a slew of new benefits and an increased referrer bonus as well. Check out these other Things to Know about Chase before applying. We’ll add these to the best credit card bonus page.