Recently Chase has sent out a notice to Chase United Platinum Class Visa cardholders (no longer accepts new applicants) that they will be product changed into a new card called Chase United Quest Card on March 21, 2021. It looks like this new Quest card will also accept new applicants and know the following details:
- Annual fee of $250
- $125 credit on card anniversary, good for United purchases.
- Up to 10,000 miles back. Get 5,000 miles back for each award flight per year (up to two). Based on cardmember year, not calendar.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x points per $1 spent on United purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on all other travel purchases
- 2x points per $1 spent on select streaming and restaurant purchases
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free first and second checked bag
- Priority boarding and premier upgrades on award tickets
The Platinum Class card had a $140 annual fee and a companion travel certificate, but no miles refund or $125 credit. It’ll be interesting to see what sort of sign up bonus is offered on this card.
Hat tip to TPG