Update 05/16/18: Referral bonus has now been increased to $50.
Update 01/07/18: Referral bonus has now been increased to $35. Hat tip to reader Sid H
Some Chime Card members are seeing the following referral offer:
- Refer a friend to Chime and each of you will get $50 when the new member sets up direct deposit of at least $200
The Fine Print
- Offer expires
August 31 September 31, 2017. January 31st, 2018May 31st, 2018
- The payroll direct deposit of the referred friend must be made by their employer or payroll provider by an ACH deposit. Bank ACH transfer, Pay Friends transfers, verification or trial deposits from financial institutions, transfers from PayPal or Venmo, and cash loads do not qualify as a payroll direct deposit.
- The referral reward is paid to both parties within two business days after qualifying funds are first deposited into the referred friend’s Spending Account.
- Eligible referring Chime members can earn no more than $500.00 in referral rewards per calendar year (January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018).
- Referred friend acknowledges that payment of the referral reward may result in the referring Chime member’s knowledge of you establishing an account with us.
We used to post about the Chime card when it had useful offers. They still have a few offers, but nothing too useful.
The referral bonus is excellent; $50 customer acquisition cost is a lot for a prepaid card. You’ll need to transfer your direct deposit over to the card. Not sure it’s worth the hassle, but putting it out here nonetheless.
Hat tip to Maximizingmoney
Refer in the Comments
Feel free to leave your referral link in the comments if you have the $25 offer. Be aware that your full name shows in the referral.
Please follow these instructions:
- First, retweet this tweet
- Leave a comment with your referral link and your Twitter handle so we can see that it was retweeted. Don’t write anything else in the comment.
The comment should look like this: