Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: Free year of Amazon prime
- Availability: Nationwide
- APY: 0.45% with a deposit of $15,000+
- Additional requirements: Use promo code
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date: No end date listed
- CIT Bank is offering one year of Amazon Prime when you open a new CIT Bank Money Market account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code AMZN22
- Deposit $15,000+ within 10 days of account opening
- Maintain a balance of $15,000+ for 60 days
The Fine Print
- This limited time offer of a one-year Amazon Prime membership is available to Customers who open a new CIT Bank Money Market account and enter the promotion code “AMZN22” at the time of account opening. The Promotion begins on March 23, 2022 and can end at any time without notice. Customers who are already Amazon Prime members can use the one year of Amazon Prime to renew their membership for an additional year.
- Customers will receive a one-year Amazon Prime membership1 provided that the following three requirements are met:
- Open a new CIT Bank Money Market account and enter the promotion code “AMZN22” at the time of account opening.
- Deposit at least $15,000 to the account within the first 15 calendar days following account opening (the “Funding Period”). The $15,000 used to fund the account must come from a funding source outside of CIT Bank. Transfers from existing CIT Bank accounts will not qualify.
- Maintain an end-of-day account balance of at least $15,000 each of the 60 days following the end of the Funding Period. If the end-of-day balance falls below $15,000 at any time during this 60-day period, you will not qualify for the Amazon Prime membership offer.
- There is a limit of one Money Market promotional offer per account and per customer. If multiple Money Market accounts are opened, only one account will be eligible. Custodial accounts are not eligible. This offer is non-transferable.
- Customers meeting all of the above requirements will be sent an email with instructions on how to activate their one-year Amazon Prime membership. This instructional email will be sent to the email address on file for the primary account owner approximately 30 days after the end of 60-day period specified in requirement #3, above. The account must remain open for the instructional email to be sent.
- IMPORTANT: All customers who qualify for the one-year Amazon Prime membership must redeem it no later than 03/23/2024. Customers who fail to redeem by this deadline will forfeit the one-year Amazon Prime membership from CIT Bank.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has no monthly fees to worry about
Early Account Termination Fee
As far as I’m aware there is no early account termination fee.
In the past CIT Bank has had a $150/$300 checking bonus, the APY was also higher at the time. There are better high yield savings accounts out there currently. But this could still be worth doing just for the Prime bonus as the funds only need to sit in the account for 60 days, you should still be able to redeem the prime membership for Amazon credit instead as well. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times