Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $600
- Availability: CO, IA, IL, KS & TX
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $12,000+
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $24
- Early account termination fee: $15, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: June 18, 2022
- TBK Bank is offering a bonus of up to $600 when you open a new AIM checking account. Bonus period is March 14, 2022 through June 18, 2022. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- $500 when you receive at least 3 direct deposits totaling a minimum of $12,000 within the promo period
- $50 when you have at least 3 recurring automatic transfers from this account to a TBK Bank savings or money market account
- $25 when you have 9 Bill Pay transactions to service providers clear/debit during the qualifying period
- $25 when you complete 50+ one time or recurring point of sale (POS) transactions within the qualifying period
The Fine Print
- The promotional Bonus incentive offer period is March 14, 2022 through June 18, 2022 and subject to change at any time.
- During this promotional period, AIM Checking account opened and used can earn up to a total of $600 during the qualifying bonus offer period.
- Qualifying Bonus period is 120 calendar days following the open date of the account.
- Any qualifying bonus will be credited to this AIM Checking account on the next business day following the end of the bonus period if account is open and active. Limit one of each bonus type.
- Converted accounts are not eligible for bonus.
- Cash bonus payments may result in interest being reported to IRS.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
This account has a $24 monthly fee, this is waived if you do any of the following:
- Maintain Average Available Balance of at least $5,000
- Total Relationship Balances of at least $25,000
- At least $4,000 in total Direct Deposits
Early Account Termination Fee
There is no early account termination fee.
Previously there was a smaller bonus, but that required a smaller direct deposit. This is obviously a huge bonus but the direct deposit requirement is quite big as well. We don’t have a lot of datapoints on what does/doesn’t work for that direct deposit requirement but this is a bonus worth doing for those that can easily change their direct deposit and have a large enough one.
Hat tip to reader Jeff P
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times