Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: CO, KS, NE, IA, SD, IL, KS
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: 9/12/2021
- FNBO Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code GET250
- Open account and get a $50 bonus
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $250 or more for two consecutive 30 day periods or make a minimum of 9 debit card transaction for a minimum of $250 for two consecutive 30 day periods and get a $200 bonus within 120 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Available at new branch location only.
- Must be a new FNBO checking account, cannot be an owner or joint owner on a current First National Business or Individual checking account opened by 9/12/2021.
- The $50 new account opening bonus will be credited to your account within 15 days of account opening.
- The $200 direct deposit bonus will be credited to your account within 30 days of the date we receive your qualifying direct deposits.
- Qualifying direct deposits must be received within 120 days of the account being opened and the account must be open to receive the bonus.
- A qualifying direct deposit is defined as deposit, such as a customer’s salary, pension, Social Security, or other regularly monthly income, electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency.
- To receive the bonus, a minimum qualifying direct deposit or deposits totaling $250 must post to your checking account for two (2) consecutive 30 day periods, or through a minimum of nine (9) credits posting to your checking via a debit card transaction for a minimum of $250 for two consecutive 30 day periods.
- The deposits must post to your account within 120 days of account opening.
- Transfers and/or deposits made via ATM, online or teller, and transfers from a bank or brokerage account do not constitute a credit or direct deposit. Small Business Checking Accounts must be opened in branch only.
- This promotion may not be combined with any other offer. Limit one per business per account. One bonus will be applied if multiple accounts are opened at the same address.
- The $10 new small business checking relationship bonus will be credited to your account immediately. The $240 bonus will be credited to your account 30-60 days from the date the account is opened. Account must be open to receive bonus. All account bonuses are subject to IRS reporting and will be reflected on a 1099-INT statement.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a free checking account with no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
Wasn’t able to find a fee schedule so unsure if there is any early account termination fee or not.
The fine print is a little weird as it talks about opening in branch, but then there is a code to open online. Part of the bonus has already posted when opening online (from reader who sent this out), so should work for others.
Hat tip to WhatWeTacoBoutWhenWeTacoBoutLove
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times