Update 6/12/22: Deal is back and now $300 instead of $250. Direct deposit is required this time (no debit card option)
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: CO, IA, IL, KS, NE, SD, TX, MO, and limited areas of WI and WY
- Direct deposit required: Receive a direct deposit of at least $500 or more for two consecutive 35 day periods
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, sensitive
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: None
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date:
9/15/2021June 21, 2022
Direct link to offer | New link
- FNBO Bank is offering a bonus of $250 when you open a new checking account when you complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code BANK
- Open account and get a $50 bonus
- Receive a direct deposit of at least $500 or more for two consecutive 35 day periods and get a $250 bonus
The Fine Print
- Available at new branch location only.
- Must be a new FNBO checking account, cannot be an owner or joint owner on a current First National Business or Individual checking account opened by 9/12/2021.
- The $50 new account opening bonus will be credited to your account within 15 days of account opening.
- The $200 direct deposit bonus will be credited to your account within 30 days of the date we receive your qualifying direct deposits.
- Qualifying direct deposits must be received within 120 days of the account being opened and the account must be open to receive the bonus.
- A qualifying direct deposit is defined as deposit, such as a customer’s salary, pension, Social Security, or other regularly monthly income, electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency.
- To receive the bonus, a minimum qualifying direct deposit or deposits totaling $250 must post to your checking account for two (2) consecutive 30 day periods, or through a minimum of nine (9) credits posting to your checking via a debit card transaction for a minimum of $250 for two consecutive 30 day periods.
- The deposits must post to your account within 120 days of account opening.
- Transfers and/or deposits made via ATM, online or teller, and transfers from a bank or brokerage account do not constitute a credit or direct deposit. Small Business Checking Accounts must be opened in branch only.
- This promotion may not be combined with any other offer. Limit one per business per account. One bonus will be applied if multiple accounts are opened at the same address.
- The $10 new small business checking relationship bonus will be credited to your account immediately. The $240 bonus will be credited to your account 30-60 days from the date the account is opened. Account must be open to receive bonus. All account bonuses are subject to IRS reporting and will be reflected on a 1099-INT statement.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is a free checking account with no monthly fees.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is no early account termination fee.
Bonus is $50 more than it previously was, but does require a direct deposit now. Still worth doing if eligible and will add this to our list of the best checking account bonuses.
Hat tip to WhatWeTacoBoutWhenWeTacoBoutLove
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times