Update 4/25/21: Deal is back and valid until December 31, 2021. Hat tip to reader Mr Woodchuk
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: CO only
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund up to $500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date:
September 30, 2020 October 31, 2020 November 30, 2020 December 31, 2020December 31, 2021
- ENT Credit Union is offering a bonus of $200 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code BD2021
- Deposit $100
- Activate your debit card
The Fine Print
- The new member joining the credit union must be the primary owner of a new Ent Checking Account and must not have an existing account relationship with Ent.
- Offer ends September 30, 2020.
- The primary owner is the owner whose Social Security number is on the account and is used for tax reporting purposes.
- Ent employees, officials and members of their immediate families are not eligible.
- New primary member owner must be 18 or older, meet membership and account qualifications, hold $5 in a savings account, make a minimum deposit of $100 into their new checking account and activate their debit card within 30 days of account opening.
- Please allow two (2) business days after the completion of requirements to receive a deposit of $200 into the new Ent Savings Account.
- Account must be in good standing to receive the reward.
- The $200 reward will be tax reportable.
- Rewards are limited to one unique primary owner per new account.
- Accounts closed within 90 days of account opening will be charged a $10 early closure fee.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change at Ent’s sole discretion.
- Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Fees apply for additional services.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
The free checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
If the account is closed within 90 days a $10 closure fee will be charged.
ENT has offered a $500 bonus in the past, but that was in branch only and $200 of that was really a savings bonus. This $200 bonus is significantly less, but it’s also much easier to meet the requirements for. Given how easy the requirements are to meet, we will add this to our best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader John
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 12/06/20: Deal is back and valid until December 31, 2020.
- Update 11/03/20: Deal is back and valid until November 30, 2020.
- Update 10/25/20: Deal is back and valid until October 31, 2020.