Update 1/23/21: Bonus is now $150. Direct deposit is now $500 instead of $250.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability:You’re eligible for membership if you live, work, worship, or attend school in Hartford, Middlesex, Tolland, or New Haven County in Connecticut, and Hampden County, Massachusetts.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $15, 180 days
- Household limit: None
- Expiration date:
August 31st, 2020November 7th, 2020
- American Eagle Financial Credit Union is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Direct deposit of $500+ required within 60 days of account opening
- Sign up for eStatements within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Excludes the My Basic Checking and My First Checking accounts.
- Promotion valid for new personal Checking accounts through August 31, 2020.
- The member must not have an existing open Checking account with American Eagle Financial Credit Union (AEFCU) or have had a Checking account with AEFCU in the last 365 days.
- $5 Savings account required for AEFCU membership.
- The account holder will be eligible for a $100 payment for opening an eligible Checking account during the promotional period, and then signing up for eStatements and making ten (10) debit transactions (signature or pin-based) of $10 dollars or more within sixty (60) days
- . Account must be open and in good standing at time of payout to obtain cash bonus.
- Limit of one $100.00 payment per member.
- Please allow up to 120 days from account opening to receive the bonus deposit into your share Savings account.
- Amount of deposit will be reported to the IRS and member is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Accounts closed within 180 days of opening will be charged a fee of $15.00.
- This offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- Ask for details.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
My Checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account needs to be kept open for 180 days otherwise a $15 fee will be charged.
Last time it was offered a direct deposit wasn’t required but 10 x $10 debit card transactions were. Some people might prefer this offer but most would rather the no direct deposit option. We will add this to the best bank bonus page.
Hat tip to reader Brenden F
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times
- Update 10/4/20: Deal is back and valid until November 7th, 2020. Now requires a direct deposit