Update 5/15/21: Bonus has now been increased to $200 (up from $100).
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live, work or attend school in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin and Berkshire Counties in the state of Massachusetts and Hartford, Litchfield and Tolland Counties in the state of Connecticut.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum
- Additional requirements: Open money market or statement savings account
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: 12 months, bonus forfeit
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: May 31, 2021
- Polish National Credit Union is offering a $200 checking bonus when you open a new perks checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Use promo code HINEIGHBOR200
- Earn $50 at account opening of a PNCU Perks checking account
- Earn $50 at account opening when you sign up for Online Banking and a Debit MasterCard
- Earn $100 for receiving a direct deposit
The Fine Print
- *Individuals are eligible for up to a $200 bonus under the following conditions: a.) individuals must open a PNCU Perks Checking Account in which PNCU will credit $50 at time of opening; b.) an additional $50 will be credited at time of opening when you sign up for Online Banking and a Debit MasterCard®; c.) an additional $100 will be deposited to the Perks Checking Account once a Direct Deposit to or ACH withdrawal from the Perks Checking Account is receieved.
- If Direct Deposit or ACH withdrawal requirement is met, credit will be issued on August 2, 2021.
- Offer will expire May 31, 2021. Must present this postcard when opening an account in person or use code HINEIGHBOR200 to receive credit when opening an account online.
- To open an account or apply for a loan with PNCU, you must become a member. Membership is attained by opening a deposit account and is open to: Individuals of all nationalities, who live, work or attend school in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin and Berkshire Counties in the state of Massachusetts and Hartford, Litchfield and Tolland Counties in the state of Connecticut.
- To qualify for a PNCU Perks Checking account, at least one Direct Deposit to or automatic ACH transaction from a PNCU Perks Checking account is required per statement cycle.
- If the PNCU Perks Checking account does not meet the monthly qualifications within three (3) consecutive statement cycles the account will be converted to a Cost Less NOW account.
Looks like this account comes with a $5 fee if you receive paper statements, otherwise it’s free.
Early Account Termination Fee
Bonus is forfeit if account is closed within 12 months of account opening
This is a relatively small bonus that requires a direct deposit and must be kept open for 12 months. I guess the upside is that there is no monthly fee to worry about, but for most people I wouldn’t think this is worth the time involved. That being said if anybody signs up please share your experiences and data points in the comments below. Click here to view better checking account promotions.
Big thanks to reader, Mark who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times